Environmental Specialist Evenings
- Expired: January 23, 2023. Applications are no longer accepted.
Environmental Specialist Night Shift 3 pm to 11:30 pm with Every other weekend.
With over 150 years of caring for our community and each other in the Washington DC area, Howard University Hospital has a world-renowned reputation for high-quality, patient-centric care. Howard University Hospital is the nation's only teaching hospital located on the campus of a Historically Black University and has created a superior learning environment, with groundbreaking research and positive patient outcomes.
Howard University Hospital seeks to hire an Environmental Specialist who will embrace our reach and historic tradition of excellence. If you want to make a difference in someone's life every day, consider a position with a team of professionals who are doing just that, making a difference.
The Environmental Specialist:
- Perform routine cleaning of all internal areas of the Hospital, including Patient Rooms, Nursing Units, Offices, Clinical Areas, Waiting Areas, Lobbies, Lounges, Restrooms, Corridors, Elevators, Stairwells, and building exterior to ensure a clean, neat, and sanitary environment, according to established performance standards.
- Timely replenish or replace expendable supplies, such as soap, toilet tissue, and paper towels.
- Operate mechanical equipment such as buffers (high and low speed), automatic scrubbers, pressure washers, vacuum cleaners, shampooers, extractors, burnishers and steam machines, baseboard machines, and restroom cleaning machines. Use equipment properly and maintain assigned equipment in good safe working order.
- Empty trash containers in assigned areas, replace liners, and clean the exterior of trash containers with a damp cloth.
- Transport trash and hazardous waste to appropriate disposal areas.
- Wear complete uniform as provided and maintain good hygiene.
- Observe safety precautions and establish safety procedures for performing work and using equipment and cleaning supplies. Report safety hazards according to policies and procedures, and to Supervisor or designee. Note any required repairs (painting, plumbing, carpentry, or electrical) and report needed repairs to Supervisor or designee.
- Maintain patient confidentiality. Adhere to federal law, the Howard University Health Science Compliance Program, the Howard University Code of Ethics, and the Health Sciences Standards of Conduct. Attend annual and periodic mandatory Compliance training, including HIPAA Privacy training. Participate in activities that promote adherence to federal healthcare program requirements. Participate in performance improvement activities.
- Perform other job-related duties as assigned.
- High School or General Equivalency Diploma (G.E.D.)
- One (1) year of Environmental or janitorial work experience preferably, in a healthcare facility.
- May be required to lift up to 75 pounds. Possible exposure to hospital-related hazards including but not limited to chemical and radiological materials, heavy lifting, machinery, electrical equipment, temperature extremes, weather conditions, BBP, and infectious agents.
At Howard University Hospital our job is to care for you. We do this by offering:
- Work-life balance.
- Recognition and rewards for professional expertise.
- Competitive, comprehensive benefit plans are offered (including health, disability, vacation, sick leave, and 403B retirement plan).
Howard University Hospital requires all external applicants to be fully vaccinated for COVID-19 before commencing employment. External Applicants may be required to furnish proof of vaccination and, if offered, may elect to be vaccinated at a designated Howard University Hospital location.Employment Type: FULL_TIME
Howard University Hospital
Energy and EnvironmentView all jobs at Howard University Hospital
Get fresh Environmental Services Specialist jobs daily straight to your inbox!
You Already Have an Account
We're sending an email you can use to verify and access your account.
If you know your password, you can go to the sign in page.