Howard University Hospital Washington, DC
- Expired: over a month ago. Applications are no longer accepted.
Howard University Hospital Clinical Coordinators are an intelligent bunch that handles the core responsibilities at the hospital and in the Pharmacy Department. As a member of this team, you will know how to coordinate, manage, and develop clinical services of the department to support a high level of patient care and appropriate utilization of drug therapy through direct patient care activities, clinical services administration, and staff education. We take pride in our understanding that every job, no matter how big or small affects the experience of our patients. And our team strives to assure that all hospital patients receive quality medical care and we want YOU to be a part of that effort.
Who are you?
We are looking for a passionate person who wants to join our Pharmacy department at Howard University Hospital. Every day is a new challenge, and you're continually looking for ways to help our team get better at what we do, in the most efficient way possible. You move fast while keeping your attention to detail, and you tap into your problem-solving skills to support Howard University hospital’s business objectives. Ideal candidates have experience in a fast-paced high growth environment and the ability to work part of a team.
What will you do?
- Coordinates and manages clinical functions of all pharmacy personnel.
- Maintains knowledge of current trends and developments in the field of clinical pharmacy through literature in journals and attending related seminars.
- Acts as PGY1 Pharmacy Residency Program Director.
- Ensures compliance with ASHP Accreditation Standards for the Pharmacy Residency Program.
- Reviews all of the resident and preceptor’s performance evaluations.
- Coordinates, recruits and interviews candidates for the Pharmacy Residency Program
- Acts as liaison to the College of Pharmacy to coordinate and facilitate faculty activities at Howard University Hospital; faculty activities include provision of clinical services, staff education, clinical mentoring, and resident precepting.
- Precepts pharmacy students.
- Promote adherence to the Health Sciences Compliance Program, the Howard University Code of Ethics and the Health Sciences Standards of Conduct.
- Participate in activities that promote adherence to federal healthcare program requirements.
- Support pharmacy dispensing functions as assigned, when reduced staffing occurs.
What do you need?
- PharmD Degree from an accredited School of Pharmacy.
- Completion of PGY1 Pharmacy Residency from an accredited program
- Registration as a pharmacist in the District of Columbia or eligibility for registry through reciprocity.
- Minimum of 2 years supervisory or m clinical coordinator experience preferred.
- BPS certification preferred
Who do you report to?
- Pharmacy Director