Administrative Coordinator - Quality Department
With over 150 years of caring for our community and each other in the Washington DC area, Howard University Hospital has a world-renowned reputation for high-quality, patient-centric care. Howard University Hospital is the nation’s only teaching hospital located on the campus of a Historically Black University and has created a superior learning environment, with groundbreaking research and positive patient outcomes.
Howard University Hospital seeks to hire an Administrative Coordinator for the Quality Department who will embrace our reach and historic tradition of excellence. If you want to make a difference in someone’s life every day, consider a position with a team of professionals who are doing just that, making a difference.
The Administrative Coordinator handles and supports a variety of tasks in order to have interactions between the organizations and others that are helpful to the department, to handle communication, report, and to create a streamline workflow for the team.
Principle Duties and Responsibilities:
- Phone, mail and email support.
- Check, sort and distribute departmental mail/email in a secure manner.
- Answer and transfer incoming phone and manage departmental voicemail
- At the direction of the Director, coordinate and send departmental email communications
- Manage time cards for department and coordinate with the Payroll department as necessary
- At the direction of the Director, maintain Quality Assurance logs, transcribes insurance information, facilitates physician peer-to-peer and provides clerical support in reviews and insurance follow-up
- Coordinate departmental service and support requests to Information technology and facilities as necessary
- Support the onboarding and set up process for new department employees including but not limited to orientation processes, IT and access setup, physical space requests and set up
- Manage supply inventory and process supply and business card orders for the department
- Take meeting minutes for department staff meetings or QA led committees and provide administrative support on agenda preparation and document preparation
- Assist department Managers to maintain departmental schedules including but not limited to holiday and weekend coverage schedules and departmental meetings.
- Collaborate with other department Executive Assistants to schedule interdepartmental meetings and events.
- Conduct research, collect and analyze data to assist the department in the preparation of reports and documents.
- Coordinate additional administrative support such as travel and logistics as necessary.
- Other administrative support and duties as assigned.
- Exemplary time management skills, solid organizational, planning, prioritization, and self-motivation skills
- Strong customer service, interpersonal skills, professional demeanor and communication skills. Ability to maintain positive internal and external customer relationships
- Excellent attention to detail
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills in person, over the phone, and via email
- Proficient in Microsoft Word and Excel, and PowerPoint
- Ability to work independently and handle a multi task environment
- Good judgement and strong stewardship of confidential data including strict compliance with HIPAA and patient confidentiality
- Flexibility and dedication to team environment
- Travel to other sites
Required Education and Experience:
- High school diploma, Associates degree preferred
- 3 years of administrative support experience
- Notary Republic license
- Fluent in Spanish in addition to English highly preferred
At Howard University Hospital our job is to care for you. We do this by offering:
- Work-life balance
- Recognition and rewards for professional expertise
- Competitive, comprehensive benefit plans offered (including health, disability, vacation and sick leave and 403B retirement plan)
- 100% free tuition to attend Howard University for you and/or your dependent children
Howard University Hospital requires all external applicants to be fully vaccinated for COVID-19 before commencing employment. External Applicants may be required to furnish proof of vaccination and, if offered, may elect to be vaccinated at a designated Howard University Hospital location.
Howard University HospitalWashington, DC
BusinessView All Howard University Hospital Jobs
You Already Have an Account
We're sending an email you can use to verify and access your account.
If you know your password, you can go to the sign in page.