Our client is a supplier and manufacturer of cutting, measuring and safety products whose roots go back to 1867 when Leo Renz bought an old grist mill in Naugatuck CT and started manufacturing scissors and cast-iron shears.
The Materials Manager is a newly created role & will be responsible for the management of raw material and finished goods supply planning and inventory strategy for multiple SKU’s. Our client has been the leader in, and innovator of, a full range of diamond sharpening products that are dependable and solve a multitude of sharpening, honing or deburring needs. Their patented and award-winning products are known for their superior quality and versatility, are easy to use and allow for sharpening in a fraction of the time required by other methods.
- Manage raw material and finished goods supply planning and inventory strategy for multiple SKU’s primarily within the DMT Operation and Team Edge business unit for Acme United.
- Planning responsibility for unit fill rates and on time customer shipments. Utilize Syspro ERP system tools (Purchase Orders / Work Orders) and Galt Inventory Planning and MRP functionality to achieve desired business objectives. Collaborate with DMT Director of Operations to create optimal production plans maximizing capacity and unit output for a rapidly growing segment of the Acme United business.
- Lead supply planning and purchasing activities including certain aspects of price negotiations related to various SKU’s in business unit. Partner with Corporate Purchasing, Operations and Marketing colleagues to identify and develop new suppliers and source new product / category initiatives. Responsible for supplier performance and tracking annual cost savings objectives. Purchase supplies and materials according to specifications.
- Participate in monthly Sales and Operations Planning and customer specific forecasting meetings for the DMT business unit.
- Interface with Fairfield, CT Customer Service / Operations / Demand Planning / Marketing teams, Sales, Manufacturer Reps, to validate sales forecast information and inventory position. Communicate directly with customers as required and when appropriate.
- Manage projects in partnership with Marketing and Operations to meet new item launch dates, customer or technology implementations, and product life cycle transitions.
- Ensures that the company standard practices and procedures are followed in connection with all supply chain department functions. Establishes procedures and supervises cycle count program and annual physical inventory.
- Minimal travel related to suppliers, customers, trade shows and / or purchasing meetings.
- Bachelor's or higher-level degree.
- Minimum of 5 years’ experience in industrial / consumer goods supply planning with direct relatable manufacturing / operations experience.
- Previous experience with MRP and inventory planning experience necessary; domestic purchasing/sourcing and forecasting experienced is preferred.
- High energy results-driven self-starter with the ability to work independently. Strong analytical, creative and decision-making skills. Customer service-oriented.
- Excellent organization, communication and project management skills.
- Computer literacy in Excel, Word & PowerPoint, ERP and/or independent forecasting systems
- An individual with obvious personal integrity who will inspire trust within the organization
- Team-player. The ideal candidate will possess strong ethics and convictions, honesty and display a sense of caring for the company and its entire staff.