We are looking for committed Sales Engineers to represent American Standard Heating & Air Conditioning and Howard Industries to mechanical engineers and our customers with excellent customer service skills, communication skills, and product knowledge. Sales Engineers focus on developing business relationships with mechanical engineers and HVAC contractors, meeting all customer needs, and increasing the company's presence within their assigned area. Our ideal candidate is someone who has mechanical engineering education/experience, a great personality, persuasive, and a feel for sales.
Responsible for generating American Standard specifications and sales of unitary HVAC products and VRF by developing relationships with specifying engineers and contractors.
Call on engineers and contractors to obtain American Standard specifications for unitary HVAC and VRF products. Provide a high level application and system selection support. Assist consulting engineers and contractors to understand the full range of existing and future unitary HVAC and VRF products and services. Conduct product introduction meetings and product training. Provide expertise on application and system design of specialty products. Communicates Federal, State and Local code compliance requirements and ASHRAE design guidelines.
· Develop and maintain relationships with customers and engineers
· Assist engineers in specifying our equipment by providing spec and helping with project design
· Assist contractors with troubleshooting equipment
· Communicates Federal, State and Local code compliance requirements and ASHRAE design guidelines.
· Ensure all customer and engineer expectations are met through proactive and prompt follow-up
· Sales and/or Mechanical engineering education/experience
· Self-motivated, able to work independently and in a team, and outstanding organizational skills
· Excellent attention to customer service
· Comfortable with people, specifically, engineers and contractors
· Confidence and persuasiveness
· Willing and able to drive to offsite locations using personal vehicle
- 4+ years customer-facing experience in sales, sales engineering, or related function
- 4+ years of experience with Microsoft Office
- 2+ years of experience with CRM system
- B-to-B Sales experience, especially with multiple decision makers
- Experience in HVAC industry