HOVIN Underwriting Partners, Inc. located in Simsbury, CT has immediate openings for experienced life underwriters. Onsite or telecommuting opportunity is available for qualified candidate. To learn more about the HOVIN team, please visit our website at www.hovinpartners.com.
Duties and Responsibilities include but are not limited to the following:
- Evaluates, documents, and communicates risk assessment on individual life applications and quick quotes in keeping with HOVIN and client company guidelines.
- Maintains open communication with client personnel, medical directors and associates in order to develop strong relationships and promote trust.
- Ensures individual workflow and time standards are maintained.
- Maintains approval authority in the amount of $1,000,000-$3,000,000 for standard and substandard risk on own signature.
- Provides retention/reinsurance awareness.
- Maintains awareness of changes in industry initiative (legislation, product development, etc.) and principles of risk selection (medical and non-medical).
Education and Experience:
- College graduate or equivalent business experience.
- 5 - 10 years as a Life Underwriter with proven record of successful performance, direct or reinsurance experience.
- Industry coursework required, includes LOMA and ALU. FALU, FLMI, CLU designations preferred.
- Excellent written and oral communication skills to interact effectively with agents and support staff.
- Excellent time management, decision-making, problem-solving and organization skills.
- Extensive knowledge of industry operations and product knowledge of past and present product portfolio.
- Excellent customer service skills.
- MIB Knowledge.
- Normal ECG Interpretation.
- Knowledge of anatomy, physiology, pharmacology, medical impairments, medical terminology and test results.
- Knowledge of non-medical risks such as occupation, aviation, avocation, driving and foreign travel.
- Ability to work independently in a telecommuting environment.
- Computer Skills: Working knowledge of Microsoft Office and Outlook software, Web browser/Internet, and VPN technology.
Hovin Underwriting Partners
Why Work Here?The management of HOVIN values and respects its people and understands that our team of talented and conscientious professionals make HOVIN and its client companies successful. HOVIN is always looking for talented, dedicated individuals to join our team. We currently have several opportunities available for senior level underwriters (click here for description of position). If you would like to take part in this unique opportunity,
You can work from home.