MBE Development Specialist
- Posted: over a month ago
- $40,000 to $50,000 Yearly
- Benefits: vision, 401k, dental, life insurance, medical,
The Manager of MBE Development creates and executes programs and initiatives to prepare MBEs to meet the supplier needs of private corporations and public entities. The MBE Development Manager works closely with the Director of MBE Services and the leadership team to ensure the integrity of the HMSDC mission is maintained.
Job description may include but not limited to:
- Act as the first point of contact for MBE development programs and initiatives
- Promote and represent HMSDC in the community and with external organizations
- Responsible for the recruitment and engagement of MBEs in HMSDC programs
- Develop onboarding processes to ensure active engagement of MBEs in HMSDC programs
- Conduct analysis of MBE development gaps/needs and use the data to assist the organization in understanding MBE business trends that could lead to increased utilization with corporate members
- Oversee and participate in assigned standing committees
- Track and report companies that do not complete development programs
- Manage and track program participation of MBEs
- Develop relationships and perform outreach to MBEs
- Act as back up to the certification specialist to process certification applications
- Create standards, policies, and procedures related to MBE development programs
- Develop data-driven reports that communicate statistical gaps, opportunities, growth, and needs of MBEs
- Education: Bachelor's degree in a related field
- Experience: Minimum of 5 years of employment experience
Houston Minority Supplier Development CouncilWhy Work Here?
See the impact of your work, great people, diverse backgrounds, learn new things and meet new people.
The mission of the Houston Minority Supplier Development Council (HMSDC) is to actively involve its members in efforts that will increase and expand business opportunities and business growth for Minority Business Enterprises and to drive excellence in supplier diversity and supplier development. HMSDC is comprised of more than 130 major corporations and government entities in the greater Houston and surrounding counties dedicated to developing minority-owned businesses that would create jobs, achieve economic self-sufficiency and increase purchasing power in diverse communities. In other words, build an economic engine that would help us all. Today, HMSDC’s 600+ certified minority business enterprises (MBEs) who fuel our economy with more than $17 billion in revenues and have created or preservation of more than 82,000 jobs.
3 RiverwayHouston, TX
BusinessView all jobs at Houston Minority Supplier Development Council