Houston Heights Health Care Center is proud to be a provider of high quality care servicing the Brownsville community. We are under new management and currently have an opening for a qualified and dedicated DON to lead our clinical team.
The position requires a nurse with strong leadership qualities and the skill set to lead and direct the care and services provided for our residents in a long term healthcare facility.The ideal candidate will have knowledge of the regulatory requirements and a strong clinical background. Experience as a Director of Nursing required.
The DON works closely with the Administrator and needs to have the organizational skills to assist with projects. The candidate for this position must be able to lead the nursing department to provide excellent resident care. Come join our team and make a difference!
Duties include but are not limited to:
- Assist Administrator with policy development, strategic planning and problem-solving
- Ensures quality care with the best possible outcomes for all residents.
- Monitor the nursing department to ensure compliance with state and federal guidelines.
- Provide staff development and orientation of new employees.
- Act as a member of the Quality Assurance team.
- Monitor progress on survey compliance issues when deficiencies are noted.
- Build a strong team environment by working with the Administrator and co-managers of the facility to set outstanding leadership examples.
- Outgoing, friendly, Self-starter
- Minimum of 2 years DON experience
- Minimum of 2 years working in LTF or Nursing Facility
- Must have valid Nurse License
- Must have valid Texas Driver's License
- Requires excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Working knowledge of personal computer and data entry, E-mail retrieval, Internet, contact management systems and Microsoft Office programs (or equivalent software skills) required
- And much more!
Houston Heights Healthcare Centre