Nursing Home Administrator
Houston Heights Healthcare Centre Houston, TX
- Expired: 20 days ago. Applications are no longer accepted.
Are you an experienced Administrator who likes to make personal connections to patients? Do you have a passion for serving and helping residents? Do you want to work in a community environment from residents to co-workers? If you answered yes, we want to hear from you!
Here at Houston Heights Healthcare Centre, we believe it takes a team to provide quality and professional care to our residents during their stay with us. We have been under new management since 2019 and have seen many positive changes take place with so much more to come! Employee appreciation is important to us and, with the support of Management, we recognize each and every department for their hard work in our facility where caring and community come together. We are currently looking for dedicated and compassionate Administrator to join our team and make a positive impact for our residents! Are you ready to join our amazing team of healthcare professionals? Apply today!
The primary role of the Administrator is to direct the day-to-day functions of the facility in accordance with current federal, state, and local standard, guidelines, and regulations that govern nursing facilities to assure that the highest degree of quality care can be provided to our residents at all times.
Essential Duties (include but are not limited to):
- Plan, develop, organize, implement, evaluate, and direct the facility’s programs and activities in accordance with guidelines.
- Develop and maintain written policies and procedures and professional standards of practice that govern the operation of the facility.
- Assist the HR Director and department directors in development of performance-based job evaluations.
- Assist department directors in the development, use, and implementation of departmental policies, procedures, and professional standards of practice.
- Conduct daily meetings with appropriate staff during facility inspections to discuss survey findings and formulation of plans of action/correction.
- Maintain a good public relations program that serves the best interest of the facility and community alike.
- Assist in the recruitment and selection of competent department directors, supervisors, facility- non-licensed staff, consultants, etc.
- Ensure that the resident’s rights to fair and equitable treatment, self-determination, individuality, privacy, property, and civil rights are well established and maintained at all times.
- A Bachelor’s Degree is necessary. A degree in Public Health Administration or Business Administration, or a health related degree is preferred but not required.
- Minimum, two years of experience in a management capacity in a hospital or nursing facility.
- Unencumbered Nursing Home Administrator’s license required.
- Must possess the ability to make independent decisions when circumstances warrant such action.
- Requires the ability to deal tactfully with personnel, residents, family members, visitors, government agencies/personnel and the general public.
- Must be knowledgeable of reimbursement regulations and nursing practices and procedures, as well as laws, regulations, and guidelines pertaining to nursing facility administration.
- Must possess the ability to work harmoniously with and supervise other personnel.
- Must possess the ability to plan, organize, develop, implement, and interpret the programs, goals, objectives, policies and procedures, etc., that are necessary for providing quality care and maintaining a sound operation.
- Requires knowledge of laws, regulations, and guidelines governing personnel administration.
- Must be able to read and interpret financial records, reports, etc.
- Knowledgeable of computer systems, system applications, and other office equipment.
- Must be able to communicate policies, procedures, regulations, reports, etc., to personnel, residents, family members, visitors, and government agencies/personnel.
- And much more!
Houston Heights Healthcare Centre
6534 Stuebner Airline RdHouston, TX
HealthcareView all jobs at Houston Heights Healthcare Centre