Talent Acquisition Specialist
- Expired: over a month ago. Applications are no longer accepted.
The Talent Acquisition Specialist will work directly with the Human Resources department and Talent Acquisition Manager to identify and streamline processes. The Talent Acquisition Specialist will ensure candidates have a positive and lasting impression of the Houston Food Bank, provide exceptional customer service, and follow established recruiting processes consistently.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS:
Adhere to PACT values. (Purpose: Using our strengths passionately to contribute to our mission. Accountability: Choosing to rise above one’s circumstances and showing ownership to achieve results. See It. Own It. Solve It. Do It. Courage: Standing up for what’s right and acting. Transparency: Doing things openly and honestly.)
- Reliable, consistent, on-site attendance is a requirement. This position requires punctuality and dependable attendance to meet the needs of the business, including attending and taking part in meetings and presentations.
- Facilitate orientation, must be comfortable speaking in large groups.
- Coordination of interviews - phone, video, panels, etc.
- Create and extend offer letters (new hires, internal changes.)
- Initiate background checks and drug tests.
- Responsible for all ad hoc background investigations/drug tests.
- Post jobs on external career sites and job boards.
- Partner with hiring managers and candidates during the onboarding process.
- Perform initial prescreening calls, sit on interview panels, and make recommendations on candidates.
- Provide onboarding support send and collect new hire documents and prepare new hire folders.
- Send all new hire information out (welcome email, meeting invitations, etc.)
- Order food for New Employee Orientation.
- Book conference rooms and prepare them for interviews and orientation.
- Greet and welcome candidates for on-site interviews.
- Set up new hires with time clock access, ADP, and Outlook access.
- Participate in job fairs and be an HFB ambassador.
- Meet and greet new hires on orientation day.
- Create new hire, seasonal, and temporary folders.
- Accurate completion and maintenance of I9s, and re-verifications.
- Responsible for maintaining all job descriptions.
- Responsible for employee data maintenance of systems and filing.
- Responsible for agency requests and timesheet tracking.
- ADP maintenance and reporting.
- Collaborate and support the HR team, and staff, on a variety of HR topics.
- Be willing to help where needed and learn new things.
SUPERVISORY RESPONSIBILITIES (Yes/No):
- Associates degree, Bachelor’s degree in Human Resources, Communications, Business, and or related field preferred
- 2+ plus years of experience in Talent Acquisition
- Must be proficient with Microsoft Office programs
- Must be able to prioritize and thrive in a fast-paced environment
- Proficiency with applicant tracking systems
- Bilingual in Spanish preferred
Certificates, Licenses, and Registrations:
- Strong organizational skills
- Strong Interpersonal and teamwork skills
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Strong analytical skills and high attention to detail
- Keen eye for details
- High sense of urgency
- High attention to integrity, ethics, and sensitivity, particularly regarding confidential information
- Strong organizational skills including the ability to organize and maintain a fluid administrative talent acquisition process
Carries out responsibilities in accordance with HFB policies.
Ability to apply common sense understanding to carry out detailed but uninvolved written or oral instructions. Ability to deal with problems involving a few concrete variables in standardized situations. To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential function satisfactorily. The requirements listed above are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability needed. Reasonable accommodation may be made to enable qualified individuals with disabilities to perform essential functions. (For best performance, the jobholder in this position would be expected to show the right knowledge, skills, and abilities in the listed areas.)
- Customer Focus
- Drives for Results
- Learning on the Fly
- Peer Relationships
- Integrity and Trust
- Functional/Technical Skills
*Is legally able to work in the United States.
The foregoing statements describe the general purpose and essential job functions needed for this job and are not an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, working conditions, qualifications, and skills that may be needed.
Houston Food Bank (HFB) is an equal employment opportunity employer. We consider individuals for employment or promotion according to their skills, abilities, and experience. We believe that it is an essential part of the Company's overall commitment to attract, hire and develop a strong, talented, and diverse workforce. HFB is committed to complying with all applicable laws prohibiting discrimination based on race, color, religious creed, age, national origin, ancestry, physical, mental or developmental disability, sex (which includes pregnancy, childbirth, breastfeeding, and medical conditions related to pregnancy), veteran status, military status, marital or registered domestic partnership status, medical condition (including cancer or genetic characteristics), genetic information, gender, gender identity, gender expression, sexual orientation, as well as any other category protected by federal, state or local laws.
Houston Food Bank
BusinessView all jobs at Houston Food Bank
Get fresh HR Talent Acquisition jobs daily straight to your inbox!
You Already Have an Account
We're sending an email you can use to verify and access your account.
If you know your password, you can go to the sign in page.