Accountant - Relocation Assistance!
- Expired: over a month ago. Applications are no longer accepted.
The Housing Authority of Salt Lake City is looking for a dedicated Accountant to join our team! Under the supervision of the Finance Director or his/her designee, the Accountant performs general accounting duties to meet the needs for the Housing Authority of Salt Lake City (HASLC) and its non-profit subsidiaries. Relocation assistance provided (details below).
- Records financial transactions, inputs data, journal vouchers and other such adjustments into computerized system. Posts journal entries from all modules to the general ledger and generates allocation journal entry. Compiles and compares information. May do a variety of tasks that require research, analysis, etc. to provide information for various projects or budget information.
- Aids in maintenance of general ledgers of receipts and expenditures. Preparation of financial and compliance reports as required.
- Reviews budget of program funds; prepares operating statements, balance sheets and other reports; assists with the preparation of financial summaries, statements, reports and budgets; establishes and maintains the general and special ledgers and other accounting records.
- Controls specialized accounts such as tenants accounts receivable, security deposits, operating & replacement reserves, assistance payments and cash receipts.
- Assists in close of financial operations and preparation of required financial statements.
- Provides outside auditors with assistance; gathers necessary account information and documents to perform audits.
- Performs other related duties as assigned.
- Medical, vision and dental benefits; which HASLC pays 90% of employee premiums and 75% of dependent premiums. Currently offer traditional and high deductible options with Regence Blue Cross.
- Vacation leave of 40 hours once hired and accrue 1.54 hours per pay period (40 hours in 1st year).
- Sick leave is accrued at the rate of 2.77 per pay period (72 hours in 1st year).
- One paid personnel holiday (8 hours) per year.
- Paid company recognized holidays (13 holidays in 2021).
- Employer paid life insurance, short-term and long-term disability benefits.
- Tuition reimbursement program.
- Employees will receive annual compensation (if approved annual budget allows) based on each of the following:
- Merit Pay (based on latest annual Performance Evaluation)
- Longevity Pay
- Cost of Living
- All HASLC employees tested as proficient in any language (including American Sign Language) other than English will receive a 2% language barrier assistance compensation.
- Participation in the Utah Retirement Systems with 401k and pension options, no match required for employer contribution. HASLC follows 2021-2022 URS contribution rates.
- Two Employee Assistance Programs (EAP). Through EAP, HASLC provides confidential access to professional counseling services. The EAP program is available to all employees and their immediate family members and offers problem assessment, short-term counseling and referral to appropriate community and private services.
- There are several other the benefit programs such as Social Security, workers' compensation, state disability, and unemployment insurance cover all employees as required by law.
RELOCATION ASSISTANCE provided for the following:
- Moving household goods and personal effects including hiring professional movers or renting a moving vehicle and packing supplies, including paying towards the costs for packing, shipping and unpacking household effects
- Travel, including airfare and other public transportation costs, and lodging for self and immediate family members between your prior and new place of residence
Knowledge Skills & Abilities
- Extensive knowledge of and ability to adhere to generally accepted accounting and auditing principles, practices and procedures and terminology.
- Provide in depth accounting, reporting and analysis in a fast-paced, highly regulated and accuracy critical environment.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Highly proficient with accounting software.
- Proficient in Microsoft Office Suite and related software.
- Excellent organizational skills and attention to detail.
- Exceptional analytical skills, with the ability to prioritize work.
- Demonstrated ability to perform detail-oriented work, including the ability to apply detailed guidelines to specific individual programs and established policies and procedures. Effectively function in stressful situations.
- Maintain a high level of daily productivity. Ability to work with confidential and sensitive information and issues.
- Exceptional customer service and support. Ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships with customers, co-workers, vendors, and local, state, and federal officials.
- Through understanding of finance and practical applications to support the agency goals.
- Ability to work in a highly independent role and as a team player.
- Maintain a valid Utah driver's license and insurable with HASLC on a continuing basis.
Education & Experience
- Bachelor’s degree in Accounting, Finance, or related discipline
- Minimum three to five years of accounting experience required
- OR an equivalent combination of education and experience.
- This job operates in a professional office environment with prolonged periods sitting at a desk and working on a computer.
- While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to talk or hear. The employee frequently is required to stand; walk; use hands; and reach with hands and arms. This position routinely uses standard office equipment.
- This position requires the ability to occasionally lift office products and supplies, up to 20 pounds.
- Travel is minimal and primarily local.
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by the person assigned to this job. They are not intended to be an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties, skills and physical demands required by this position.
Housing Authority of Salt Lake CityWhy Work Here?
We have a great culture centered around employees who are passionate about helping the Salt Lake City Community obtain affordable housing!
The Housing Authority of Salt Lake City (HASLC), a federally funded Special Purpose Government Agency, was created October 1970 to provide rent subsidies and promote affordable housing for low-income persons residing in Salt Lake City. HASLC owns and manages almost 1,600 units of subsidized housing, with another 545 units are financed through tax credits. The Housing Authority of Salt Lake City’s Section 8 vouchers help nearly 2,800 household’s obtain affordable private-market housing.
1776 S West TempleSan Diego, CA
Finance and InsuranceView all jobs at Housing Authority of Salt Lake City