Position: Careers in Construction Outreach and Recruitment Support – Database Management
Status: Full-time, Contract Position: October 21st, 2019 – May 31st, 2021
Careers in Construction Colorado (CICC), which is powered by the Housing & Building Association of Colorado Springs (CSHBA) and Associated General Contractors-Colorado (AGC-C), is seeking a dynamic, forward-thinking individual to promote and expand the Careers in Construction (CIC) Program. This position is responsible for working directly with the program's students and instructors and developing relationships. They have been tasked with getting to know each student and what their industry-related areas of interest are, potential job opportunities, as well as students’ barriers to employment. This person would ideally have a background in the industry and be able to teach students about the multitude of career pathways in construction. Candidates must have an understanding and appreciation for working with students and helping connect them to the workforce in construction or construction-related fields.
- Visit each school monthly to perform recruitment, program awareness and trainings
- Determine students’ areas of interest, skills and barriers to employment
- CICC Workforce Liaison will have necessary information to connect the needs of industry with the interests of CIC students
- Determine job-readiness of each student
- Provide one-on-one employability training to students as requested
- Staff support to CICC Job Placement and Onboarding Committees
- Support the CICC Board of Directors as directed
- Maintain schedule, provide weekly school visit reports
- Develop relationships, collect student information, maintain updated information on interests, barriers
- Biweekly meetings with CICC Workforce Liaison
- Develop metrics, gather student ratings from instructors
- Maintain records of topics discussed
- Document, define where additional volunteer help needed
- Self-directed and able to work independently
- Able to manage and prioritize multiple tasks/issues. Deadline focused, problem solver
- Highly organized, intuitive, accurate and detail-oriented
- Strong oral and written communication skills
- Professionalism in appearance, attitude, interpersonal relations and work performed
- Strong networking skills
- Bilingual (Spanish) preferred
- Proficiency in Microsoft Word, PowerPoint, Excel, and Outlook
- Ability to work effectively with volunteers
- Able to achieve objectives in cooperation with other staff and members
- Early morning, evening and weekend work will be an occasional requirement in addition to normal
- Must have reliable transportation and be willing to travel
- High school degree required, college course work or degree preferred
- Able to pass a background check
Reports to: HBA Director of Workforce Development
Location: Garden of the Gods & I-25, Colorado Springs, CO 80907
Compensation: Competitive compensation ($25-30/hour, based on experience). Benefits and bonus structure available.
Organization Type: 501(C)(6) non-profit organization
Resumes without a cover letter will not be considered.
Principals only; recruiters, please do not contact this job poster. Phone calls will not be accepted.
Please do not contact job poster about other services, products or commercial interests.