Primary Responsibility: Performs bookkeeping, clerical, and some administrative work relating to the accounts payable system. Work involves processing, distribution, and maintenance of invoices; checking balances and setting up financial records; and financial forms processing.
• Code invoices, vouchers, expense reports, check requests, etc., with correct codes conforming to standard procedures to ensure proper entry in the financial system.
• Attach the corresponding purchase order/quote to incoming invoices with all supporting documentation.
• Investigate and issues associated with processing of invoices and purchase orders.
• Prepare check runs, wire transfers, and ACH payments.
• Manage payment due dates.
• Handle all domestic vendor correspondence and inquiries.
• Assist with monthly status reports and monthly closings.
• Reconcile accounts by identifying errors in posting or omissions by applying the appropriate accounting standards.
• Research internal and external inquiries concerning account status, including communicating the resolution of discrepancies to appropriate persons.
• File, maintain, and distribute accounting documents, records, and reports.
• Make daily deposits on a timely basis.
• Manage and order office supplies.
• Maintain and update service agreements.
• Maintain and update advertising agreements.
• Maintain accurate asset listing, including cell phones, laptops, etc.
• Prepare and file tangible personal property tax return.
• Apply Accounts Receivable cash applications.
• Work effectively with other business functions.
Knowledge & Skill Requirements:
• Knowledge of accounts payable and maintaining general ledgers.
• Ability to maintain a high level of accuracy in preparing and entering financial information.
• Ability to maintain confidentiality concerning financial and employee files.
• Excellent interpersonal, bookkeeping, analytical, problem solving, and decision making skills.
• Effective communication skills.
• Attention to detail and high level of accuracy.
• Very effective organizational skills and computer skills including the ability to operate computerized accounting, spreadsheets, and e-mail at a highly proficient level (previous experience in QuickBooks is preferred).
• Time management skills.
• Must be honest, trustworthy, flexible, and demonstrate sound work ethics.
• Min. of a 2 year degree in Accounting is preferred.
The work schedule for this position is Monday thru Friday from 9:30 a.m. to 6:00 p.m.
House of Wu
Why Work Here?House of Wu has been in business for over 30 years and currently carries over 20 designer labels, each designating a particular niche, including bridal, bridesmaids, mother of the bride, prom, pageant, and quinceanera. Each collection targets a specific style with focus on design, fit, and fabrication at an affordable price. Our bridal designs showcase a unique brand of beadwork which has creativity and individuality that is truly hard to find in today’s marketplace. Our prom designs have been an industry leader due to the diversity in coloration and the design of the gowns.
Growing Company! Awesome industry and great benefits!