Senior Food safety and Quality Assurance Specialist
House of Spices India Elk Grove Village, IL
- Expired: over a month ago. Applications are no longer accepted.
The Senior Food Safety and Quality (FSQA) Specialist will provide technical support and oversight for the maintenance of the Food Safety and Quality Assurance Program at HOS’ facility, Co Manufacturers and suppliers in Chicago to ensure food safety, quality and regulatory compliance of House Spices products and purchased materials. This position reports to the Corporate Senior Quality and Compliance Manager
- Drive Quality & Food Safety Initiatives through direct support with plants
- Establish and maintain communication with support plants and HQ Quality Assurance
- Establish and maintain communication with support plants and Sector Quality
- Develop programs and tools to monitor and drive continuous improvement
- Coach and train personnel of the assigned manufacturing plant/s to develop leadership, technical competence and effectively utilize system tools.
- Perform manufacturing and supplier visits to ensure requirements are met
- Develop and implement strategies and programs to mitigate quality & food safety risks across the House of Spices supply chain in Chicago. This includes ensuring that customer requirements and regulatory changes are appropriately reflected in these programs to strengthen compliance.
- Provide technical support to supply chain quality in handling food safety issues, sharing best practices, and enabling compliance to requirements.
- Evaluates to identify potential trends within our supply chain and uses this information to proactively improve and strengthen our current processes.
- Drive the implementation of House of Spices Quality & Food Safety standards.
- Review, updates and develop Standard Operating Procedures (SOPs).
- Assist in the development and data entry in HOS Total Quality Systems Document Control Data base.
Experience, Skills, Education
- BS Food Technology, Food Science, or related courses.
- HACCP Certification is a plus.
- Three to five years of Quality Assurance, Quality Control and or manufacturing experience in the food industry required or related industry.
- Knowledge of lab technique and prior training in fundamental quality assurance technology need.
- Previous experience in the food industry, which includes HACCP, SQF (or other GFIS) a must.
- Knowledge of the FSMA (Food Safety Modernization Act) a plus.
- Bachelor's degree in food science or related discipline
- Minimum 3 years’ experience in manufacturing plant environment
- Ability to effectively communicate with diverse groups of people with varying levels of education
- Strong analytical abilities, problem solving
- Proven Interpersonal Skills
- Excellent written and oral communication
Job Type: Full-time
Powered by JazzHR
House of Spices India
AddressElk Grove Village, IL
TechnologyView all jobs at House of Spices India