House of Bread Christian Academy (HBCA) is a private school, TK – 7th grades, with a music program, a Bible-based curriculum, and foreign language instruction, located in Orangevale, CA (Sacramento area).
Middle School Teacher (full time, a combo class, grades 6-7). This is a 10-month position (177 days, Mon-Fri), August 8, 2019, through May 28, 2020.
The teaching faculty forms the heart of each school. Teachers shall work collaboratively with one another and with non-teaching staff to build a creative and safe learning environment for each student. Teachers are responsible for the day-to-day work and management of the class as well as the safety and welfare of the students, during on-site and off-site activities. Teachers are expected to support and enforce the school’s mission, core values, philosophy (Biblical statement of faith), its policies, and procedures. This position reports to the HBCA Principal and HBCA School Board of Directors.
We are seeking a Math And Science Middle School Teacher (part-time) to join our team! You will educate students in one or more subjects at the secondary level in public or private schools.
- Teachers are expected to aspire to effective performance in all areas of the HBCA curriculum
- Teachers will deliver powerfully engaging lesson plans designed to move students towards meeting the proficient performance of the high priority standards
- Teachers will regularly provide weekly lesson plans to Principal on/by Friday prior to the planned week.
- Teachers will provide clear information (through periodic course syllabus) to students and parents regarding class objectives, weekly assignments, homework requirements, grading rubrics, and grading scale.
- Teachers are expected to employ a wide variety of teaching methods designed to create opportunities for deep understanding and differentiated instruction for all levels of ability within a class, including serving students identified with special needs.
- Teachers are expected to use formative and summative assessments to determine differentiated re-teaching needed for low performing students.
- Teachers are expected to collaborate with other staff and faculty to ensure that students with additional needs are able to access the curriculum.
- Teachers will create and maintain a safe, nurturing, structured, and engaging classroom environment
- Teachers are expected to have a coherent plan for classroom discipline and to keep clear and specific documentation of all intervention taken to correct student behavior before referring a student out of class.
- Teachers are expected to use a school management system (SMS) to maintain accurate and up-to-date records of attendance, coursework, and to submit student report cards and school-wide assessment records on time.
- Teachers are expected to participate actively in all professional development session.
- Teachers are expected to attend and participate in monthly PIM (Parent Information Meetings), back-to-school nights, parent conferences, and office hours/tutoring as communicated by Administration, per contract, and track all efforts to create consistent and meaningful communication with parents.
- Teachers will work required school hours (30 min. before the school day begins to 30 min. after the last class), dressed professionally, and adhere to a professional code of conduct.
- Teachers will perform other duties as assigned by Principal, per contract.
- Be a practicing Christian (active in a local Bible-teaching church) and follow HBCA’s statement of faith
- Bachelor’s Degree (required) or Master’s degree (preferred)
- Valid Multiple Subject (internship, preliminary, or clear) California Teaching Credential a big plus
- Confident in managing student behavior
- Ability to work under pressure and adapt to change easily
- CPR and First Aid certification preferred
- Have open-mindedness, organizational skills, creativity, and enthusiasm for improvisation
- Experience and competence in advising and working with parents
- Enjoys teaching children and expresses a genuine interest in their needs. Cultivates positive self-esteem through respectful and caring interactions with children.
- Must be able to pass a criminal background check, including fingerprinting
- Must have an unwavering belief that all students can learn and achieve success in school.
- Must have excellent communication skills, both oral and written, with the ability to foster positive working relationships.
- Must be able to interact with stakeholders at all levels (including all staff, parents, students, and community members) in a respectful manner and provide excellent customer service
- Must be able to work collaboratively in a team environment.
- Must have a working knowledge of using Microsoft Office products including Word, Excel, PowerPoint (PC or Apple/MAC platforms) and Internet applications.
- Must have strong organizational, problem-solving, and time-management skills.
- Must attend and participate in HBCA staff meetings as required.
- Must attend and participate in HBCA training programs as required.
- Must have reliable and insured transportation.
- Must have a valid California Driver's License.
- Must show proof and maintain a clear TB Clearance.
- Must be able to undergo and maintain a clear DOJ and FBI Clearance.
- Must provide documentation of eligibility to work in the US (if not a US citizen).
TO APPLY, SUBMIT THE FOLLOWING
1. Personal testimony within a cover letter
3. A copy of your diploma/transcripts (required upon accepting a contract)
4. Recommendation letters (one letter from your pastor/church minister required)
5. California Multiple Subject Teaching Credential (if available)
An applicant may mail copies of all the required documents to HBCA, 6521 Hazel Ave., Orangevale, CA 95662.
You may also email a scanned copy of your documents/papers to our office email address.
IMPORTANT: Email all the documents in one (1) email, please (multiple email messages will delay the communication).
For more information, call us at 916.235.1777 or find us on www.facebook.com/IloveHBCA. Thank you.
- Have you completed the following level of education: Bachelors?
- Are you an active member of a Christian, Bible-teaching church?
- Are you actively involved in your church's ministry? (indicate on a resume)?
- Do you have a CA Teaching Credential?
- Are you in Orangevale, CA?