Our team members are as diverse as our music venues. With its owned/operated/managed venues, Live Nation Clubs and Theaters, a division of Live Nation Entertainment, is wide-ranging, including the legendary Fillmore venues and the intimate House of Blues clubs throughout the United States. Live Nation Clubs and Theaters is the country's preeminent group of intimate music venues, featuring superior sound and lighting technology in one-of-a-kind custom-designed environments aimed to bring fans and artists together in unparalleled musical environments.
Our mission is to create a profitable and principled global entertainment company. To celebrate the diversity and brotherhood of world culture. To promote racial and spiritual harmony through love, peace, truth, righteousness and non-violence. Our venues bring fans as close to artists as possible and our aim is to create teams that are just as close.
Who are you?
Passionate and motivated. Driven, with an entrepreneurial spirit. Resourceful, innovative, forward thinking and committed. At Live Nation Entertainment, our people embrace these qualities, so if this sounds like you then please read on!
We have a great opportunity for a Marketing Manager in the Grand Rapids area. The Marketing Manager reports directly to the venue General Manager - with a dotted line to the lead talent buyer and regional marketing director. This person will be responsible for creating marketing plans including: advertising, promotions, PR, social media and media buying for all 20 Monroe Live/Live Nation content inclusive of all genres - music, comedy, tribute shows, locally created non-traditional programming, etc. The Marketing Manager needs to track spends and allocate funds for individual show budgets. Additionally, the Marketing Manager needs to be able to build strong relationships and communicate with many partners throughout the extended Grand Rapids DMA.
Additionally, the Marketing Manager needs to:
- Be an integral member of the 20 Monroe Live management team who works closely with general manager, talent, operations, production, box office, premium seating and special events.
- Be intimately familiar with the Grand Rapids area and other outlying markets, including relationship building efforts with key media, local influencers, community partners, etc.
- Be familiar with entertainment marketing and event planning
- Prepare and execute unique, comprehensive marketing and promotional campaigns for 20ML programming, which can be upwards of 150+ events per year
- Implement digital marketing strategies including the distribution of targeted e-cards, weekly newsletters to the venue database
- Implement social media marketing strategies including creative and unique content, fan engagement, promotions, and more - including monitoring message, comments and reviews.
- Become the face and voice of the venue for all media in order to create excitement and engagement, including but not limited to radio, tv, and social media
- Create overall venue branding plans and identify strategic marketing partners and opportunities
- Work with community partners to create and coordinate effective promotions
- Contribute when needed to marketing efforts of Live Nation third party bookings.
- Buy media including, but not limited to, digital, social, radio, TV, print and outdoor
- Develop, monitor and adjust advertising budgets as needed
- Build and manage venue street team
- Coordinate street team and grassroots marketing efforts
- Craft, distribute and track press releases to media outlets
- Work closely with the team to create and implement special ticket offers and programs
- Assist in the development and fulfillment of sponsorship programs
- Coordinate pre-show/day of show press with independent publicists and managers
- Regularly communicate with artist representation regarding show marketing
- Create, develop, and implement additional content for dark nights including but not limited to local live showcases, open mic nights, neighborhood events and created programming
- Capture real-time, night of show coverage for venue marketing and social channels
- 4-6 years' experience in entertainment industry marketing, preferably concert marketing
- Experience managing and building social channels for a brand
- strong computer skills
- Creative and proactive thinker
- Team-oriented with a collaborative work approach
- Results-focused and solution-oriented mindset
- Excellent communication skills, including verbal and written
- Excellent organizational skills and attention to detail
- Ability to troubleshoot and problem solve independently
- Graphic design experience strongly encouraged
This is a fast-paced office. Ideal candidates will have extensive music knowledge, show and event marketing experience, familiarity with the market, a thick skin and able to work at a fast pace.
* Competitive compensation and bonus plans
* Professional career development
* Additional benefits
If the above description sounds like you and fits your background, apply online at http://www.livenation.com/careers/index.html to join the Live Nation Entertainment team today!
Applicants for employment in the U.S. must possess work authorization, which does not require sponsorship by the employer for a visa.
EQUAL EMPLOYMENT OPPORTUNITY
Live Nation Entertainment strongly supports equal employment opportunity for all applicants regardless of race, color, religion, sex, gender identity, pregnancy, national origin, ancestry, citizenship, age, marital status, physical disability, mental disability, medical condition, sexual orientation, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by state or federal law.
The preceding job description has been designed to indicate the general nature and level of work performed by employees within this classification. It is not designed to contain or be interpreted as a comprehensive inventory of all duties, responsibilities, and qualifications required of employees assigned to this job.
Live Nation Entertainment recruitment policies are designed to place the most highly qualified persons available in a timely and efficient manner. Live Nation Entertainment may pursue all avenues available, including promotion from within, employee referrals, outside advertising, employment agencies, Internet recruiting, job fairs, college recruiting and search firms.