Purchasing Manager (Construction) - Remote
House Buyers of America is looking for a Purchasing Manager. The Purchasing Manager is responsible for managing Purchasing and Contracts. Purchasing develops detailed scopes of work and budgets for each job. They bid out and hire subcontractors, manage all contracts, submit all invoices, track project budgets, and work with Field Managers to ensure contractors are performing well. Purchasing is responsible for conducting field audits and ensuring that contractors are performing work per the contract. This position requires a minimum of 5-10 years of Purchasing experience in Home Building or major Home Remodeling company. Purchasing Managers play an integral role in ensuring that House Buyers develops a solid reputation for selling the highest quality homes and having excellent customer service. This position is fully remote!
What you will do:
- Responsible for Purchasing and Contracts Management.
- Negotiate the lowest cost possible (national production builder pricing) while maintaining high quality.
- Creatively source new products to help lower cost and improve quality/aesthetic appeal of our houses.
- Work with senior management to help determine or update spec levels.
- Develop detailed estimates for renovations and residential new construction each job.
- Develop detailed scope of work for renovations, including a schedule for each contractor on the job. Scope of work should maximize ROI on each property.
- Manage contracts for all trades and subcontractors.
- Bid out renovations and hire, manage, train and, when necessary, terminate General Contractors and subcontractors. Constantly recruit new contractors and vendor relationships through networking and cold calls. Ensure contractors are properly registered prior to starting jobs.
- Communicate effectively with the Construction Team to ensure a quality product for the most economical cost.
- Create and manage Purchase Orders (POs), as well as invoicing upon construction completion.
- Conduct field audits to ensure work performed meets contractual specifications.
- Strive to complete projects below assigned budget, and continuously seek ways to reduce construction cost and streamline processes.
- Update House Buyers of America property database and reports to track every detail of construction. Manage all paperwork and electronic files in a timely and organized way.
- Anything else necessary to help the company meet its goals. Being a rapidly growing and dynamic company, House Buyers employees can expect to wear many hats and go beyond their traditional duties when necessary.
- Minimum 5-10 years of Purchasing experience with a major home builder and remodeling company.
- Good computer skills, especially using Excel.
- Bachelors Degree
- Spanish speaking is a plus, but not a requirement
Why we are a great place to work:
- Our awesome company culture includes: competitive pay great benefits, great people, casual dress, free snacks/drinks, team events, work hard/ play hard environment
- Q2 2023 was our most profitable and fastest growing quarter EVER in our entire history!
- Our revenue is growing! Our revenue increased by 119% in Q2 2023 vs Q2 2022!
- Our margins are growing – Our Gross Profit increased 93% in Q2 2023 vs Q2 2022!
- We’re growing fast! Unit Sales increased 63% in Q2 2023 vs Q2 2022
- We’re continuing our nationwide expansion. In 2021 alone we launched into eight new markets - Hampton Roads, Richmond, Oklahoma City, Dallas, Philadelphia, Atlanta, Connecticut, Boston... and more to come!
House Buyers of America is a residential real estate investment company founded in 2001 and headquartered in Chantilly, Virginia. We buy, renovate, and resell a high volume of homes offering a guaranteed, fast, and hassle-free sale to people who want to sell their house without paying a Realtor commission. We have a history of strong growth and success, having bought and sold thousands of houses. Our Company went from $0 to $50 million in annual revenue in its first 3 years in business and won the Ernst and Young Entrepreneur of the Year award. House Buyers of America is proudly a member of the Inc 5000 list.
House Buyers is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate by sex, creed, race, or by age. www.HouseBuyersOfAmerica.com
House Buyers of AmericaKing of Prussia, PA
You Already Have an Account
We're sending an email you can use to verify and access your account.
If you know your password, you can go to the sign in page.