Director of Construction & Purchasing - Remote
House Buyers of America is looking for a Director of Construction & Purchasing. The Director will be responsible for overseeing all construction field operations and the entirety of the purchasing department. This position requires a minimum of 10 years of experience in a Home Building or major Home Remodeling company plus a minimum of 2 years in a Senior Manager or Director level role. This position is fully remote!
What you will do:
- Oversee all Purchasing, Estimating, and Contracts Management. Update construction estimation spreadsheets/software to ensure accurate job estimations and minimal construction costs
- Ensure all renovation projects and home inspection repair lists are complete in a timely manner and under budget
- Manage all Field Managers and Purchasing Managers including recruiting, hiring, training, and, if necessary, terminating staff
- Develop systems and processes for field staff
- Continuously source new suppliers, contractors and vendors to help reduce cost and improve quality/turnaround of construction.
- Manage the design and product selection of all homes. Help value engineer and improve the design and layout of houses. Update all design documents regularly to keep up to date.
- Ensure House Buyers’ property database, systems and reports are updated daily to track project details and progress
- Negotiate the lowest cost possible (national production builder pricing) while maintaining high quality. Continuously source new suppliers and trade contractors to help drive down cost of construction and improve quality, service and turnaround time.
- Manage contracts for all trades and subcontractors. Develop detailed scope of work for renovations.
- Work with Field Managers to assist in scheduling trades. Help ensure that trades are scheduled efficiently and accurately.
- Review and approve all schedules.
- Bid out renovations and hire, manage, train and, when necessary, fire General Contractors and subcontractors. Work with Field Managers to ensure that work is completed on time and within budget.
- Respond to home inspection items (punch lists) from customer walkthroughs in a timely manner and emergencies within 2 hours. Work with Sales and customers directly to resolve repair issues to help ensure settlements go smoothly.
- Update House Buyers’ property database and reports to track every detail of construction. Manage all paperwork and electronic files in a timely and organized way.
- Develop and update Purchasing Policies and Procedures Manual and Construction Policies and Procedures Manual.
- Complete 1-3 renovation projects of your own per month as needed
- Assist House Buyers of America’s expansion into new geographic markets
- 10+ years of experience in residential construction and a minimum of 5 years in Purchasing
- 2+ years of experience in a Senior Manager or Director level role in the home building or home remodeling industry
- Great communication skills and computer skills
- Bachelor’s Degree or higher
Why we are a great place to work:
- Our awesome company culture includes: competitive pay great benefits, great people, casual dress, free snacks/drinks, team events, work hard/ play hard environment
- Q2 2023 was our most profitable and fastest growing quarter EVER in our entire history!
- Our revenue is growing! Our revenue increased by 119% in Q2 2023 vs Q2 2022!
- Our margins are growing – Our Gross Profit increased 93% in Q2 2023 vs Q2 2022!
- We’re growing fast! Unit Sales increased 63% in Q2 2023 vs Q2 2022
- We’re continuing our nationwide expansion. In 2021 alone we launched into eight new markets - Hampton Roads, Richmond, Oklahoma City, Dallas, Philadelphia, Atlanta, Connecticut, Boston... and more to come!
House Buyers of America is a residential real estate investment company founded in 2001 and headquartered in Chantilly, Virginia. We buy, renovate, and resell a high volume of homes offering a guaranteed, fast, and hassle-free sale to people who want to sell their house without paying a Realtor commission. We have a history of strong growth and success, having bought and sold thousands of houses. Our Company went from $0 to $50 million in annual revenue in its first 3 years in business and won the Ernst and Young Entrepreneur of the Year award. House Buyers of America is proudly a member of the Inc 5000 list.
House Buyers is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate by sex, creed, race, or by age. www.HouseBuyersOfAmerica.com
House Buyers of AmericaKing of Prussia, PA
You Already Have an Account
We're sending an email you can use to verify and access your account.
If you know your password, you can go to the sign in page.