We are seeking a Senior Quality Engineer - Automation (QE), who is passionate about quality and automation, and looking for a challenging ground-up opportunity,to join small independent teams focused on delivering high quality software. At HMH, we see quality as a shared responsibility and collective ownership in each team. We expect each team member to understand the business value of the software. As part of collective ownership of quality, each QE will be proactively involved throughout the entire product lifecycle with all automated testing activities ensuring that the software meets the highest standards of quality before delivering to the customer. The QE will be actively involved into making the voice of quality heard throughout the teams. Quality Engineers drive the team towards continuous awareness on quality and collectively present status of the product readiness for production release. In addition, they will be responsible for the implementation of improvements of our automated testing framework, tooling, and pipelines, with the goal of improving testing adoption and quality of the platform company-wide
- Understand the application and design, develop, debug and execute automated tests at all levels as part of user stories definition of done
- Actively participate with setting and maintaining standards of good practices for functional automated testing with frequent and effective execution
- Adhere to automation ‘best-practices’ and standards to allow for easier collaboration among automation team members to increase the quality of the automation code
- Review processes and tools to avoid pitfalls that could happen in the future, thus reducing overall project risk
- Analyze existing systems which may lack formal technical requirements, develop full test strategies
- Report and drive increased test automation coverage in all areas
- Must be able to identify, assess and resolve complex business problems/issues/risks and facilitate issue resolution and risk mitigation
- 5+ years’ experience development in enterprise-level applications, architecting test automation frameworks for enterprise-level applications
- 2+ years’ experience building Test Automation Framework, including hands-on knowledge with automation tools, frameworks, and best practices
- Knowledge of Testing Frameworks and Test Design Patterns like BDD, TDD, Page Objects, etc.
- Good understating of SDLC and QA Concepts, metrics analysis, methodologies and documentations standards
- REST APIs and Webservices test automation
- Test Script development, maintenance and execution
- Experience with Cloud development and DevOps delivery
- Experience with industry standard tools for defect tracking, source code management, test case management, test automation, and other management and monitoring tools
- Experience working with Agile methodology, this could be scrum, Kanban or a combination of both
- Experience with Continuous Integration and Continuous Delivery
- Experience in the following:
- UI Test Automation Framework experience, such as Test Café, Protractor, Selenium WebDriver, Webdriver.io or similar
- SQL/Database testing
- REST API Automated Testing using Java, TestNG, RestAssured or similar
- Performance Testing tools such as Gatling or similar
- CI/CD via Jenkins or similar
- Source control tool like GitHub
- Bonus for practice of code reviews
- Bachelor's Degree in computer science or equivalent work experience
- Might be in a stationary position for a considerable time(sitting and/or standing).
- The person in this position needs to move about inside the office to access file cabinets, office machinery, etc.
- Constantly operates a computer and other office productivity machinery, such as a calculator, copy machine, and computer printer.
- Must be able to collaborate with colleagues via face to face, conference calls, and online meetings.
Houghton Mifflin Harcourt (NASDAQ:HMHC) is a global learning company dedicated to changing people’s lives by fostering passionate, curious learners. As a leading provider of pre-K–12 education content, services, and cutting-edge technology solutions across a variety of media, HMH enables learning in a changing landscape. HMH is uniquely positioned to create engaging and effective educational content and experiences from early childhood to beyond the classroom. HMH serves more than 50 million students in over 150 countries worldwide, while its award-winning children's books, novels, non-fiction, and reference titles are enjoyed by readers throughout the world.
For more information, visithttp://careers.hmhco.com
Houghton Mifflin Harcourt is an equal employment opportunity employer and participates in E-Verify. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment and will not be discriminated against on the basis of gender, race/ethnicity, gender identity, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, disability, or other protected group status.
Benefits & Packages:
- Competitive base salary and overall compensation package
- Full benefits: Medical, Dental, Vision
- 401 (K) with generous company match
- Generous Paid time off (PTO)
- Vacation, sick, and paid holidays
- Life Insurance coverage.
- Respect for your work-life balance
- Weekly lunches and unlimited fruits, snacks and drinks
- Discounted Gym memberships.
- Brand new state of the art office in Boston, centrally located near south Station