HOUFF HAULS A VARIETY OF FREIGHT THAT KEEPS THE WORK STEADY YEAR ROUND. THE COMPLETE BENEFIT PACKAGE INCLUDES LOW COST INSURANCE AND TWO RETIREMENT PLANS.
HOUFF TRANSFER IS HIRING A FEW HIGHLY QUALIFIED CLASS A DRIVERS AT OUR WEYERS CAVE TERMINAL.
LOCAL MILEAGE TRUCK DRIVERS:
- Night shifts available with 10PM and 2AM start times.
- Day shift available: Sunday to Thursday and Tuesday to Saturday with early morning start times.
- Home most nights, occasional overnight runs.Most trips are short haul, usually run 150 to 250 mile radius of home terminal.
- $0.4625 Mileage pay, $24 drop pay, detention pay, and benefits package.
- Average $1,050 to $1,200 most weeks.
REGIONAL MILEAGE DRIVERS:
- These are the top paying driving jobs in the area.
- Regional truck drivers go out through the week and are home every weekend about 48 hours.
- Schedule varies weekly, sometimes finish Friday and sometimes on Saturday, your start time is about 48 hours after you get in.
- Mostly run MD, PA. NJ, OH, WV, VA, NC, IN, IL & DE pulling 53’ dry vans; over 60% of loads are drop and hook.
- Regional truck drivers average $1,350 to $1,550 a week, annual $70,000 to $75,000 a year.
- Mileage pay rate $0.5225 per mile ($.4925 base plus $.03 weekly attendance pay.) Pay advances with tenure to $0.5525 per mile.
- Assigned sleeper trucks. OTR Regional truck drivers run 2015-2017 Freightliners, most trucks have automatic transmissions. ELD's and APU's in all trucks.
- Drivewyze scale bypass gives 80% bypass rate at scales.
- Terminals have fuel, DEF, scales, break rooms, showers, and spacious overnight parking.
- Cigna health insurance, $30 a week.
- Lincoln dental insurance, $6.33 a week.
- $10,000 life insurance at no cost.
- Short term sick fund.
- 401K with company match.
- Company funded profit sharing plan.
- Scholarship fund for children, grandchildren, family members.
- Weight loss plan, get paid to lose weight.
- Must have a minimum of 2 years recent experience driving tractor-trailer.
- Able to operate both manual and automatic transmissions (road test in manual shift.)
- Good motor vehicle driving record; good record of compliance with DOT inspections.
- No preventable DOT recordable accidents in last 5 years.
- No DUI or drug offenses in past seven years.
- Requires a minimum of a 1 year physical.
- Need to register on the FMCSA drug/alcohol clearinghouse website.
- Hazmat and tank endorsements required (allow 60 days after employment to obtain.)