Veterinarian - Mixed Animal
- Vision , Medical , Dental , Paid Time Off , Life Insurance , Retirement
Joining a clinic with its own unique identity is like a cross-country car ride with your ears flapping in the breeze. Hotham Veterinary Services is looking to add a compassionate and skilled Veterinarian - Mixed Animal to our team.
At our Rarebreed clinic, you can help reimagine the veterinary experience in your community. Our welcoming environment means you’ll be greeted by committed veterinarians to provide the best possible care. It’s the kind of freedom that feels like running at the speed of light into a 5-story pile of leaves – and that’s just the beginning. As part of our team, you’ll work with the latest technology, gain access to state-of-the-art training facilities, and collaborate with a positive team to deliver the highest quality of care to the pet patients we all love.
Veterinarian - Mixed Animal
Hotham Veterinary Services in Presque Isle, ME
Potential opportunity for hospital ownership (equity or profits interest), which has the same zing as a hundred pounds of fresh cat nip.
WHAT YOU’LL DO
- Examine and diagnose diseases and injuries of small and large animal cases and treat surgically or medically
- Collaborate within our veterinary ecosystem, and communicate with referring veterinarians
- Participate in ongoing education, seminars, and training to stay at the top of your field
- Build and maintain client relationships
- Perform dentistry with opportunities for mentorship if desired
- Maintain a positive and supportive work environment
- Guide and utilize exceptional support staff
- Collaborating with team veterinarians on critical care cases
- Diagnose and treat everything equine, from dentistry, colic workup, lameness evaluation, and surgery
- Some dairy, beef, and camelid/small ruminant work are also available
We’re passionate about helping you reach your greatest pet-ential – both at work and at home. As a result, our total compensation package is as outstanding and rewarding as the world’s longest belly rub and ear massage combined:
- Great pay with competitive medical, dental, and vision insurance coverage
- 401K with 100% company match of up to 3%, and a 50% match for the 4thand 5th%
- Generous paid time off to help you achieve your purr-fect balance
- Employee Ruff-erral Program
- Professional liability insurance coverage
- Company-paid life insurance, AD&D, and short-term disability (long-term disability available)
- Accident and critical illness insurance
- Bonding leave enhanced maternity benefit
- Employer-assisted student loan payment
- Flexible Spending Account (FSA) and Health Saving Account (HSA)
- Continuing education yearly allowance for skills development
- Reimbursement for professional fees of medical licensing, DEA licensing, and professional memberships (eligible employees only)
- Commuter benefits, uniform allowance, and Employee Assistance Program (EAP)
- Free monthly wellness meetings focused on ways to reduce stress and anxiety, led by the medical director
- Free online group exercise classes, such as HIIT (High Intensity Interval Training) twice a week, taught by certified trainers
- Free quarterly financial wellness classes to provide guidance in areas such as student loan debt, budgeting, improving credit scores, mortgages, and refinancing
Plus, special benefits to utilize for your own pet:
- Pet Insurance: Monthly stipend
- Pet Care: Discounts on veterinary services and products
- Pet Diagnostics: Discounts on reference lab testing
- Pet Food: Discounts on Purina pet foods
- Doctor of Veterinary Medicine Degree
- 2+ years of experience practicing veterinary medicine in a Veterinary Hospital setting is preferred
- Internship training is also preferred but not required
- Ability to attain ME Veterinary License
- Excel in managing time, prioritizing tasks, and thriving in a fast-paced environment
Rarebreed Veterinary Partners is a purpose-driven team that places talent first by supporting professionals to thrive in our industry and empowering hospital teams to provide exceptional care for pets and their owners. We pride ourselves on going the extra mile to create exceptional work experience for our hospital teams. We focus on providing our hospitals with the best culture, tools, and support to allow the staff to focus on what they love most: caring for our animal companions.
Joining our fun and team-first atmosphere comes with a level of support that’s hard to find anywhere else. Everything we do is with purpose – down to the way we invest in our people and create long-overdue change in the industry. We’re hyper-focused on supporting our professionals, so they can focus on bringing the gold standard of medicine to our patients and their families. When it all comes together with the joy of working with pets, our career opportunities are as exhilarating as climbing a toy mountain of a gazillion new squeaky balls.
Employment will require the successful completion of references and background check.
Rarebreed Veterinary Partners provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment in all job classifications without regard to race, color, religion, age, mental disability, physical disability, medical condition, gender, sexual orientation, genetic information, ancestry, marital status, national origin, veteran status, and other classifications protected by applicable state and local non-discrimination laws.
Learn more about our career opportunities at: https://rarebreedvet.com/careers/
Where uncommon support partners with joy.
Hotham Veterinary ServicesPresque Isle, ME
How can the hiring manager reach you?
You Already Have an Account
We're sending an email you can use to verify and access your account.
If you know your password, you can go to the sign in page.