The Sales Coordinator is responsible for clerical, administrative, marketing materials, and other duties to assist in the smooth operation of Sales/Catering. He/she is also responsible for providing attentive, courteous and efficient service to all guests.
Education & Experience
- High School diploma or equivalent required and/or experience in a hotel or a related field preferred.
- At least 1 to 5 years of progressive experience in a hotel or related field preferred.
- College course work in related field helpful.
- Computer knowledge/skills required.
- WYNDHAM experience would be a plus and especially on SynXis PM system
- Flexible and long hours sometimes required.
- Light work - Exerting up to 20 pounds of force occasionally, and/or up to 10 pounds of force frequently or constantly to lift, carry, push, pull or otherwise move objects.
- Maintain a warm and friendly demeanor at all times.
- Must be able to effectively communicate both verbally and written, with all level of employees and guests in an attentive, friendly, courteous and service oriented manner.
- Must be effective at listening to, understanding, and clarifying concerns raised by employees and guests.
- Must be able to multitask and prioritize departmental functions to meet deadlines.
- Approach all encounters with guests and employees in an attentive, friendly, courteous and service-oriented manner.
- Attend all hotel required meetings and trainings.
- Maintain regular attendance in compliance with Wyndham Hotels & Resorts Standards, as required by scheduling, which will vary according to the needs of the hotel.
- Maintain high standards of personal appearance and grooming, which includes wearing the proper uniform and name tag.
- Comply with Wyndham Hotels & Resorts Standards and regulations to encourage safe and efficient hotel operations.
- Maximize efforts towards productivity, identify problem areas and assist in implementing solutions.
- Must be effective in handling problems, including anticipating, preventing, identifying and solving problems as necessary.
- Must be able to understand and apply complex information, data, etc. from various sources to meet appropriate objectives.
- Must be able to cross-train in other hotel related areas and work some front desk shifts if needed
- Must be able to maintain confidentiality of information.
- Must be able to show initiative, including anticipating guest or operational needs.
- Perform other duties as requested by management.
- Must have access to transportation and do Outside and Inside Sales and do a weekly report that goes to the GM and Owner
- Answer telephone and email messages. Respond accordingly.
- Open and distribute mail.
- Maintain and stay abreast of the latest computer programs/innovations (as applicable).
- Filing of all pertinent correspondence in a timely manner.
- Type all correspondence pertaining to department.
- Maintain adequate inventory of office supplies.
- Responsible for the smooth operation of the office.
- Type and distribute meeting minutes.
- Maintain trace file as needed.
- Prepare Banquet Event Orders (BEOS) as per client needs (Catering Only)
- Assist with daily operations of the Business Center as needed.
- Assist in copying/faxing/mailing.
- Greet guests/clients/employees when necessary.
- Attend meetings/training as required by management.