Director of Operations
- Posted: over a month ago
Who We Are...
Since 1973, BPR has developed and managed unique hotels that were designed to create lasting memories. We strive to bring real passion and creativity into every project. As a family owned company, our team and hotels are a reflection of our core values: To be scrappy and hardworking, to be authentic and humble, to always seek to understand and be committed to growth.
The BPR team is a group of self-starters and outside the box thinkers. We are scrappy individuals who are committed to team growth. To us, every interaction and project is a chance to create a unique experience. It's a chance to roll up our sleeves and work with the resources we have. That's how we got our start.
Today, BPR is a company of 600 employees, with thirteen lifestyle and branded hotels, all unique to the communities they serve. Although we have grown tremendously since the beginning, the same core principles passed down from our founder remain intact. That's why we are committed to finding creative individuals who have what it takes to get the job done.
Help us build something unique.
Managed by BPR Properties, The Hotel Shattuck Plaza is a 199-room boutique hotel located in Downtown Berkeley, less than a 2 minute walk to the lively campus of the University of California Berkeley. The Hotel Shattuck Plaza welcomes its employees into its newly redesigned historic style with the perfect mix of contemporary design and vintage charm. To add to the flavor, the Hotel Shattuck Plaza proudly features ZINO, a Mediterranean cuisine restaurant in the Downtown Berkeley neighborhood. ZINO weaves together flavors and fresh ingredients inspired by 22 Mediterranean regions, food-friendly wines and craft brews from around the Bay. Curated craft cocktails complement tasty mezze, dips and dishes served in beautiful Mediterranean-style tagines. The artistically-designed interiors are refreshing, drawing on inspiration from the land and sea, creating a colorful social gathering place.
What We Look For...
We are seeking an Director of Operations to join the team at Hotel Shattuck Plaza, A luxury boutique hotel in Berkeley, California to assist the General Manager in managing hotel day to day operations, maintaining product quality, service quality and profitability of the property. The Director of Operations will assure the overall success of the hotel by meeting or exceeding the planning objectives for revenue, profit, guest satisfaction and product quality. They will directly manage Front Office Manager, Rooms Division, and Housekeeping Department. This position requires a confident, self-motivated individual with an ability to make decisions and take responsibility for them.
Our ideal candidate is:
- A confident and self-motivated individual with ability to make decisions and take responsibility for them.
- A well-suited candidate will have proven success in reacting and adjusting quickly to changing conditions and identifying practical ideas for dealing with them.
We are committed to finding creative team players who have what it takes to get the job done. Does that sound like you?
The Key Responsibilities:
- Oversees the operation of the Front Desk and Housekeeping departments by setting the objectives, measuring performance and supervising the department heads.
- Achieves legendary customer service goals by monitoring the service provided and developing and implementing strategies to achieve Legendary service levels. This position is empowered to guarantee total guest and associate satisfaction.
- Ensures that all new associates receive a through orientation and on-going technical training.
- Increases efficiency of operations by analyzing procedures and practices and implementing alternative strategies as required.
- Implements the approved budget; monitors revenues and costs on a daily basis and takes corrective action when necessary.
- Controls costs by adhering to standards of operations for forecasting, budgeting, scheduling, payroll control, and other expenses.
- Monitors service and teamwork on a regular basis and counsels employees on providing legendary service and teamwork. Creates a positive work environment. Develops team members to maximize potential.
- Shares MOD responsibilities with management team.
The Model Qualifications:
- Degree in Hospitality Management preferred.
- 5+ years' experience in hands on hotel operations; proven leader, results oriented, highly creative.
- Strong experience in recruiting and retention of talent including evaluating, developing, and monitoring performance.
- Experience in menu development and pricing.
- Excellent communication skills both written and verbal.
- Must be willing to work afternoons, evenings and weekends as required.
Be Bold. Apply Now.
Like what you see? If interested, please apply now to be considered for this position.
**BPR Properties is an EOE M/F/D/V**
Job Posted by ApplicantPro
Hotel Shattuck Plaza
BusinessView all jobs at Hotel Shattuck Plaza