Hotel Director of Finance
Hotel Saint Vincent New Orleans, LA
- Expired: over a month ago. Applications are no longer accepted.
- Manage the accounting department to ensure optimal efficiency of financial operations
- Directs or prepare all financial reports, ledger reviews, and forecasts according to the established schedule, for distribution of information necessary to assist management in decision-making and budget preparation processes
- Oversees preparation of, interprets, and analyzes monthly financial statements and presents to management
- Monitors revenues/expenses and ensure accurate recording of information to established guidelines
- Compiles financial data related to operations, investigate and critique variances from expectations to determine the cause, and recommend appropriate management response to insure attainment of hotels financial objectives
- Establishes and oversees /audit all internal financial controls to include purchasing, cash handling, receipts, disbursements, expendable/fixed asset inventories, payroll, and employee records to ensure policies are enforced
- Coordinates annual internal and external audit processes
- Ensures the proper utilization, maintenance, and periodic upgrading as required of all EDP systems and equipment
- Assists management in capital planning process by providing appropriate ROI information
- Coordinates the development of the annual financial plan
- Assists division and department heads in the preparation of their respective budgets
- Maintains files, pertaining to and ensuring compliance with, insurance policies, all contracts, and legal agreements
- Ensures the proper, timely payment of fees for licenses, permits, regulatory contracts and insurance’s, all taxes
- Approves as needed all purchase orders, payroll submittals, cash transfers to owners, manual checks, balance sheet and bank reconciliation's, month-end journal entries, bad debt write-off’s, all inter-hotel and corporate billings
- Directs cash management activities to ensure the proper use and timely availability of funds
- Provides guidance on technical issues affecting departments
- Conducts/oversees monthly audit of cash vault
- Interviews, selects, trains, appraises, coaches, counsels, and disciplines accounting personnel (Controller and A/P Clerk).
- Evaluates individual employee performance, determines areas in need of improvement or requirements for advancement, establishes goals, objectives, and training needs required to achieve same
- Participates in MOD program as required
- Evaluate changes in guest needs, the hotels guest mix, and industry competitive set, to recommend appropriate product/service and operational changes necessary to ensure guest and employee satisfaction
- Serves as an active member of Executive Committee and attends all meetings
- Attends various departmental meeting’s in order to maintain effective working relationships with operational departments and staff
- Performs other related duties as requested by the General Manager and Corporate VP of Finance
- Ability to create and manage corporate budgets.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Proficient in Microsoft Office Suite or related software, as well as budget creation and analysis software.
- Excellent managerial skills.
- Excellent organizational skills and attention to detail.
- Thorough understanding of budgetary and accounting principles, practices, and policies.
Hotel Saint Vincent
AddressNew Orleans, LA
Finance and InsuranceView all jobs at Hotel Saint Vincent