Human Resources Assistant
- Expired: October 19, 2022. Applications are no longer accepted.
Who you are:
- An upbeat & positive brand ambassador, living out our core values daily.
- You have a warm and friendly personality and are eager to develop EQ skills to build relationships and communicate effectively with a variety of personalities.
- You have the ability and want to work with a growing organization and the chaos. We are growing, and we want a candidate in this role who will grow with us!
- An eager individual thirsty for knowledge in the HR field and dedicated to self-development.
- You enjoy creating an organized environment around you and finding improvements to increase efficiency in your day-to-day.
Who We Are:
We are energetic, motivated, highly skilled hotel renovation experts that deliver major transformations of branded hotels (Hilton, Marriott, IHG, Hyatt) across the United States, utilizing unique, turnkey, design-build delivery methodologies. We are a team of like-minded people that work together to carry the title of one of the fastest growing private companies in America (Inc. 5000). After years of successfully providing turnkey design-build services, to hospitality industry clients, utilizing outsourced design partners, Hotel Rehabs is developing new in-house A&D production capabilities
What We Offer:
- Industry-leading healthcare; Dental; Vision; Flexible Spending Account (FSA)
- 401(k) fully matched and fully vested
- Competitive salary with an expectation of a fast track for career progression and promotion
- Generous time-off; Team-building events; Travel incentives; Matching charitable donations and opportunities for volunteers
Hotel Rehabs is seeking a proactive and enthusiastic Human Resources Assistant in Chicago, IL. In this role, the Assistant will largely focus on the tactical needs of the HR team and act as the first point of contact for staff inquiries. For this role, we are looking for someone with a growth mindset to work as a team with the Director of HR and HR Generalist on projects and initiatives such as recruitment and talent management, learning and development, engagement, and policy. The successful candidate will be confident in handling multiple priorities, motivated to support staff and leaders in a high-touch approach, diligent in their handling of confidential and sensitive materials, and establish themselves as an asset within our entrepreneurial organization.
The ideal candidate will have a high level of emotional intelligence and balance their communication and people skills with the ability to act as a project manager on both large and smaller scale initiatives keeping projects on track in a timely and organized fashion. The HR Coordinator will embrace the opportunity to touch on many facets of HR and work as a team to support the development of HR initiatives.
- Maintains accurate and up-to-date human resource files, records, and documentation; Updates and maintains HRIS.
- Owns and manages HR inbox to answer frequently asked questions from applicants and employees relative to standard policies, benefits, hiring processes, etc.; refers more complex questions to appropriate senior-level HR team members.
- Support recruitment efforts through coordination, scheduling, and growing to take on individual recruiting assignments.
- Prepares reports relating to Human Resources
- Assists and/or conducts onboarding and offboarding activities.
- Performs periodic audits of HR files and records to ensure that all required documents are collected and filed appropriately.
- Provides clerical support to the HR department.
- Assist with payroll and benefits functions including QC, answering employee questions, and fixing processing errors.
- Assist in the documentation and improvement of processes, procedures, and policies.
- Develop and maintain relationships with employees at all levels of the organization with a hands-on approach.
- Coordinate and assist with companywide HR projects and initiatives.
Skills and Qualifications
- Excellent organizational skills and flexibility to easily pivot while managing multiple priorities
- Good interpersonal and communications skills, with the drive to improve
- Avid learner who is seeking a dynamic role where no 2 days are the same
- High integrity and discretion in handling confidential information
- Demonstrates a spirit of customer service to support a positive and engaging employee experience
- Embodies a team spirit and can-do attitude within a small and evolving HR department
- Reliable self-starter with a proactive and collaborative team-focus
- Demonstrates ability to navigate and learn new technologies and software
Education and Experience
- Bachelors degree required
- 1-2 years of direct HR experience
- Recruitment experience a plus
- Proficient with or the ability to quickly learn payroll management, human resource information system (HRIS), and similar computer applications.
- Knowledge of Federal and State employment regulations
Get fresh Human Resource Ambassador jobs daily straight to your inbox!
You Already Have an Account
We're sending an email you can use to verify and access your account.
If you know your password, you can go to the sign in page.