Director of Operations
- Posted: over a month ago
As a member of the executive leadership team, the Director of Operations will assist the President to meet the organizations vision snf mission statement as well as implement its core values. The position also partners closely with the President in developing and executing strategies for the company. This role collaborates closely with a broad set of internal and external partners to build strong relationships, support company operations, and cultivate information to help position Hotel Management Services as a recognized leader within the hospitality industry.
The Director of Hotel Operations is specifically responsible for portfolio-wide items including but not limited to operational training; development and implementational strategy for operating standards, processes and systems; brand standards and initiatives awareness and compliance; task force oversight; relationships and negotiations with partners and vendors; capital expenditure planning; portfolio-wide reporting/results; oversight for assigned hotels and is generally responsible for other items, projects and initiatives as assigned.
A primary focus of this position is to ensure consistent execution of company policy, brand compliance and communicates grounded recommendations to executive leaders and their broader teams, influencing upwards and laterally to drive organizational change and alignment with operational excellence. Lead corporate wide efforts to drive the development of new processes & procedures, standards or implementation of industry wide initiatives that will lead to the overall improvement of the company's performance and reputation within the industry. The Director of Operations also helps ensures the future growth of the company through the development and execution of performance improvement initiatives..
Essential Job Functions:
• Model and reinforce the company's culture, mission, vision and values.
• Coach and mentor managers and supervisors within their direct reporting structure to improve leadership, management, communication skills and key performance results at all levels of the organization.
• Ensures that operational decisions and strategies such as those for staffing, people development, organization, material efficiency, hardware acquisitions, and facilities are in line with the organizations business plan and vision.
• Collaborates with other executive leaders to develop and meet company goals while supplying expertise and guidance on operations projects and systems. Also collaborates with other divisions and departments to carry out the company's goals and objectives.
• Recognize and identify organizational needs to improve company performance and associate retention.
• Assists executive leaders in the development of the company's annual training plan.
• Collaborates with leadership team to develop training solutions to address needs per plan and as needed.
• Deliver training solutions directly or via implementation strategy.
• Measure impact of training solutions via performance metrics.
• Adapt plan and solutions as needed based on business results.
• Collaborate on all aspects of training with Regional leaders and senior company leaders.
Operational Standards, Systems and Processes:
• Identify operational needs via perpetual assessments of operational results and evolving circumstances.
• Establish standards as needed, develop written SOPs, implement via Regional Managers.
• Collaborates with other executive leaders to develop new operational processes and systems as need to improve company's performance results.
• Determine and apply implementation strategy for new standards, processes, and systems.
• Assists with troubleshooting operational issues at all properties as needed by the Regional Managers.
• Measures performance and effectiveness of all operational strategies and adjusts on the fly as necessary.
• Leads Task Force General Managers [TFGM) via direct oversight.
• Organizes placement of task force personnel as needed for special assignments based on the needs of the business.
• Collaborates with Regional Managers when TFGMs are assigned to their hotels to ensure the TFGM is receiving effective and support to achieve the goals outlined during the support assignment.
Brand Awareness and Standards:
• Stays current on all brand standards and initiatives and appropriately conveys information to the organization.
• Implements and updates policies and procedures to comply with all new brand standards and to improve corporate operations.
• Partners with key brand representatives to ensure proactive communication and action to ensure a positive reputation of the company within the brand.
Vendor/Partner Relationships and Negotiating:
• Collaborates with other executive leaders to manage and negotiate vendor contracts and programs that support the operation of each property (ex. telecommunications, supplies & consumables, internet, facilities, etc.)
• Maintains healthy relationships with vendor/partners to maximize leverage potential.
• Ensures best financial outcomes to reduce cost and optimize value.
Capital Expenditure Planning:
• Aid in the support of other executive leaders with the development of annual capital expenditure plans for 1-5 years with Regional Managers by property
• Identifies portfolio needs and proactively communicates to develop plans to address.
• Understands and actively uses brand requirements to ensure capital plans are compliant.
• Assists Regional Managers and General Managers with procurement of capital items.
• Assists in midyear scheduling and review/approval process.
Portfolio Reporting and Results:
• Responsible for portfolio-wide results in all performance metrics.
• Assists in preparation and review of all performance results.
• Ensures action is taken to address need areas to improve the company's overall performance.
Other duties and responsibilities as directed by the President.
Education: High school diploma or equivalent, or General Education Degree (GED). Bachelor's degree in Business Management, Project Management, or other business-related field preferred.
Experience: 5 or more years of experience in a management or leadership role (hospitality, retail, food service preferred)
- General and business management practices
• Must be able to read, write and speak English proficiently
• Effective conflict management
• Effective negotiation and sales skills
• Read, comprehend, and follow written procedures
• Problem solve in a timely manner; adapt to changes in daily work
Hotel Management Services
BusinessView all jobs at Hotel Management Services