- Expired: over a month ago. Applications are no longer accepted.
Hotel Equities, a multi-award-winning hotel development and hospitality management company, is currently searching for a remarkable Maintenance Technician for the Hilton Garden Inn Redmond Seattle in Redmond, WA.
The Maintenance Tech is responsible for maintaining the overall operation of the maintenance department and the appearance and working order of the hotel, and is responsible for the administration of the company’s maintenance and life safety programs to include purchasing, preventative maintenance, equipment repairs, hotel security and life safety and supervision of the maintenance department. Warm, knowledgeable service and helpful guidance reassure guests they’ve made the right choice to stay with us.
- Ensure customer satisfaction at all times, modeling and adhering to the Guest Service Standards
- Supervises and coordinates the activities of the maintenance staff department, inspecting work performance to ensure compliance to procedures, policies and expectations.
- Ensure effective scheduling to achieve both financial objectives and maintain product quality.
- Monitor budget and control departmental expenses, including maintenance contracts, utility expenses.
- Participate in the preparation of the annual departmental operating budget and Capital plans which support the overall objectives of the hotel
- Ensure compliance with all company, state, local and federal policies/guidelines pertaining to the maintenance of a clean, safe environment for associates, guests and vendors.
- Ensure proper operations of the hotel’s equipment and systems, to include life safety, telecommunications, key control, HVAC, plumbing, mechanical, electrical, power plant, pool, kitchen equipment, laundry equipment and any other related systems and equipment.
- Ensure maintenance request orders are handled in a prompt and courteous manner including logging and follow up.
- Hire, train, supervise, coach and conduct employee performance evaluations of department associates.
- Communicate with Assistant General Manager, OM and/or General Manager on a regular basis regarding the specific and overall condition of the building structure(s), related systems, and equipment offering prudent, cost effective proposals for maintaining these systems.
- Supervise any external contractors who may be employed by the hotel to carry out maintenance work.
- Adheres to all work rules, procedures and policies established by the company
Qualifications and Requirements:
PM Shift Required 2pm-10:30pm
High School diploma /Secondary qualification or equivalent.
Experience with Marriott, Hilton, IHG, Wyndham or Hyatt processes and standards.
This job requires the ability to perform the following:
- Must be able to speak, read, write and understand the primary language(s) used in the workplace.
- Must be able to read and write to facilitate the communication process.
- Most tasks are performed in a team environment with the associate acting as a team leader. There is minimal direct supervision.
- Requires good communication skills, both verbal and written.
- Must possess basic computational ability.
- Must possess basic computer skills.
- Knowledge of computer accounting programs, math skills as well as budgetary analysis capabilities required.
- Must have a thorough knowledge of all types of mechanical equipment such as chillers, boilers, water softeners, and refrigeration equipment.
- Must have a thorough knowledge of plumbing and electrical systems, maintenance of records of power, water and fuel consumption.
- Must have experience in office procedures, ordering materials, securing bids and of city codes and other applicable laws, building construction, blueprint reading, etc.
- Working knowledge of federal, state and local laws governing equal employment opportunity and civil rights, occupational safety and health, wage and hour issues, and labor relations, including, but not limited to the following statutes and their comparable state and local laws (where applicable): Title VII, Equal Pay Act, Pregnancy Discrimination Act, FLSA, ADA, OSHA, FMLA, NLRA
- Being passionate about people and service.
- Strong communication skills are essential when interacting with guests and employees.
- Reading and writing abilities are used often when completing paperwork, logging issues/complaints/requests/ information updates, etc.
- Basic math skills are used frequently when handling cash or credit.
- Problem-solving, reasoning, motivating, and training abilities are often used.
- Have the ability to work a flexible schedule including nights, weekends and/or holidays
Amazing Benefits At A Glance:
- Team Driven and Values Based Culture
- Vacation & Holiday Pay
- Same-day pay available
- Employee Assistance Program
- Career Growth Opportunities/ Manager Training Program
- Reduced Room Rates throughout the portfolio
- Third Party Perks (Movie Tickets, Attractions, Other)
- Employee assistance program
- Employee discount
- Flexible schedule
- Life insurance
Real EstateView all jobs at Hotel Equities
Get fresh Hotel Maintenance Technician jobs daily straight to your inbox!
You Already Have an Account
We're sending an email you can use to verify and access your account.
If you know your password, you can go to the sign in page.