Hotel Bartender - Hilton Brentwood & Bur Bun - part time
Hotel Equities, a multi-award-winning hotel development and hospitality management company, is currently searching for a remarkable Bartender for the Hilton Brentwood/Nashville Suites in our Bur Bun Restaurant. This part-time opportunity is for Saturday, Sunday and Monday nights. Possible additional hours covering off days and/or serving shifts if interested. Bur Bun is a bourbon inspired restaurant with 8 taps of local craft beer and a few cocktails. Great opportunity for the right personality!
The Bartender is often a social point of contact and lasting impression for guests. Warm, knowledgeable service and helpful guidance reassure guests they’ve made the right choice to stay with us
- Be an enthusiastic, helpful and positive member of the team
- Assist servers, other bartenders, and bar porters when necessary
- Be professional, responsible and mature in conduct and behavior
- Be understanding of, encouraging to and friendly with all co-workers
- Be self-motivated and use time wisely
- Maintain open line of communications with each department
- Communicate pertinent information
- Openly accept critical/developmental feedback
- Be available to help other departments in emergency situations
Qualifications and Requirements:
High School diploma /Secondary qualification or equivalent.
Experience with Marriott, Hilton, IHG, Wyndham or Hyatt processes and standards.
This job requires the ability to perform the following:
- Must have a strong knowledge of drink preparation and applicable health standards.
- Knowledge of federal, state and local laws, ordinances and regulations and Company policy regarding serving alcohol to minors and intoxicated patrons.
- Must be able to speak, read, write and understand the primary language(s) used in the workplace.
- Must be able to read and write to facilitate the communication process.
- Requires good communication skills, both verbal and written. Must possess basic computational ability.
- Must possess basic computer skills.
- Good knowledge of the hotel, its services and facilities.
- Familiarity with all menu items
- Must have knowledge of and be able to operate all equipment related to the outlet, including, but not limited to, coffee maker and cash terminal
- Most work tasks are performed indoors. Temperature is moderate and controlled by hotel environmental systems; however, must be able to work in extreme temperatures like freezers (-10 degrees F) and kitchens (+110 degrees F), possibly for one hour or more
- Must be able to stand and exert well-paced mobility for up to 4 hours in length
- Must be able to exert well-paced ability to maneuver between functions occurring simultaneously
- Must be able to lift trays of food or food items weighing up to 30 lbs
- Must have the ability to bend, squat and lift 40 lbs on a regular and continuing basis and occasionally lift up to 75 lbs
- Must be able to push and pull carts and equipment weighing up to 250 lbs
- Must be able to exert well-paced ability in limited space
- Must be able to bend, stoop, squat and stretch to fulfill cleaning tasks
- Requires grasping, writing, standing, sitting, walking, repetitive motions, bending, climbing, listening and hearing ability and visual acuity
- Vision occurs continuously with the most common visual functions being those of near vision and depth perception
- Talking and hearing occur continuously with the most common visual functions being those of near vision and depth perception
- Requires manual dexterity to use and operate all necessary equipment, including, but not limited to, cutlery used in cutting of fruit.
- Must have Alcohol Awareness Certification and Food Handlers Certification
- Being passionate about people and service.
- Strong communication skills are essential when interacting with guests and employees.
- Reading and writing abilities are used often when completing paperwork, logging issues/complaints/requests/ information updates, etc.
- Basic math skills are used frequently when handling cash or credit.
- Problem-solving, reasoning, motivating, and training abilities are often used.
- Have the ability to work a flexible schedule including nights, weekends and/or holidays
Amazing Benefits At A Glance:
- Team Driven and Values Based Culture
- Vacation & Holiday Pay
- Same-day pay available
- Employee Assistance Program
- Career Growth Opportunities/ Manager Training Program
- Reduced Room Rates throughout the portfolio
- Third Party Perks (Movie Tickets, Attractions, Other)
- Employee assistance program
- Employee discount
- Flexible schedule
- Flexible spending account
- Life insurance
- Parental leave
- Referral program
Hotel EquitiesBrentwood, TN
FoodView All Hotel Equities Jobs
You Already Have an Account
We're sending an email you can use to verify and access your account.
If you know your password, you can go to the sign in page.