Director of Sales
- Expired: over a month ago. Applications are no longer accepted.
Hotel Equities, a multi-award-winning hotel development and hospitality management company, is currently searching for a remarkable Director of Sales for the Delta, Baltimore North.
Development and implementation of the total sales effort of the hotel, including securing new accounts, maintaining existing accounts, supervising activities of sales personnel, and executing sales and marketing strategies to maximize the profitability of the hotel while maintaining customer satisfaction. Warm, knowledgeable service and helpful guidance reassure guests they’ve made the right choice to stay with us.
- Solicit business within different market segments via tele-prospecting and outside sales calls
- Maintenance of accounts with existing contacts to maintain rapport and develop future business;
- Develop and maintain relationships with key clients in order to produce group business, to include room sales, F&B sales and catering/banquet services.
- Attendance of networking events; Develop and maintain good relationships with officials and representatives of local community groups, companies and trade organizations, and attend local and out of town meetings and conventions in order to generate sales for the hotel.
- Conduct site tours
- Upkeep of customer database via Hotel Sales Pro
- Develop contracts and follow up with customers
- (If applicable) Direct the activities of the hotel sales team, providing leadership and motivation necessary to implement effective sales and marketing strategies and to maximize the generation of sales/revenues.
- Develop and manage the departmental budget and monitor sales activities/performance to ensure sales meet or exceed established profit plan and to accurately report variances/projections to management.
- Responsible for the co-development of hotel-level tactical sales plans to support overall system- wide plans/strategies and programs
- Assist the General Manager in the development and update of the hotel-level business plan to include input on sales goals and plans that support the overall business and sales strategies of the company.
- In coordination with General Manager, serve as interface on media related inquiries and refer sensitive matters to the public relations director (and GM) if necessary.
- Regularly work files for past and potential groups to generate repeat business for the hotel. Keep trace system up-to-date and in order.
- Attend sales/revenue and hotel staff meeting to facilitate good communication. Discuss VIPs and incoming business in detail.
- Generate reports as required to measure business generated by the sales department.
- Take responsibility for the development and implementation of sales plans. Monitor plans’ effectiveness and introduce changes in response to the marketplace, including setting targets, planning and scheduling work and performance indicators that are typically productivity and
- efficiency measures.
- Take every opportunity to amaze the guests
- Ensures all guests are being treated in an efficient and courteous manner and that all Company standards are being applied
- Responsible for the hiring, training, and direction of new sales administrative associates
- Participate in the Manager on Duty program
- Work in conjunction with accounting to maintain and minimize levels of account receivables.
- Coordinate activities with other hotel departments in order to facilitate increased levels of communication and guest satisfaction.
- Coordinate efforts with Rooms Division in the weekly maintenance of room inventory status so as to achieve optimal levels of revenues while maintaining high levels of guest expectations.
- Develop promotional programs, point of sales materials, sales blitzes, etc.
- Report on a regular basis to the GM on actual room numbers against budget and profit projections.
- Analyze variances and monitor the impact of initiatives and corrective actions.
- Follow all applicable Company Standard Operating procedures
- Be an enthusiastic, helpful and positive member of the team
- Be professional, responsible and mature in conduct and behavior
- Be understanding of, encouraging to and friendly with all co-workers
- Be self-motivated and use time wisely
- Maintain open line of communications with each department
- Communicate pertinent information
- Respond positively to new ideas
- Openly accept critical/developmental feedback
- Report to work on time
- Give adequate notice if going to miss work
- Be available to work a flexible schedule to include weekends and holidays
- Maintain effective communication through the use of meetings, log books and bulletins
- Be available to help other departments in emergency situations
- Adhere to all work rules, procedures and policies established by the company including, but not limited to those contained in the associate handbook
Qualifications and Requirements:
High School diploma /Secondary qualification or equivalent.
Experience with Marriott, Hilton, IHG, Wyndham or Hyatt processes and standards.
This job requires the ability to perform the following:
- Proficient in Microsoft Word, Office, Internet
- Well organized and detail oriented
- Ability to work independently
- Display initiative, perseverance and analytical skills
- Must be able to speak, read, write and understand the primary language(s) used in the workplace.
- Must be able to read and write to facilitate the communication process.
- Requires good communication skills, both verbal and written.
- Most tasks are performed in a team environment with the employee acting as a team leader. There is minimal direct supervision
- Must possess basic computational ability.
- Must possess basic computer skills.
- Knowledge of computer accounting programs, math skills as well as budgetary analysis capabilities required.
- Extensive knowledge of the hotel, its services and facilities.
- Working knowledge of federal, state and local laws governing equal employment opportunity and civil rights, occupational safety and health, wage and hour issues, and labor relations, including, but not limited to the following statutes and their comparable state and local laws (where applicable): Title VII, Equal Pay Act, Pregnancy Discrimination Act, FLSA, ADA, OSHA, FMLA, NLRA
- Being passionate about people and service.
- Strong communication skills are essential when interacting with guests and employees.
- Reading and writing abilities are used often when completing paperwork, logging issues/complaints/requests/ information updates, etc.
- Basic math skills are used frequently when handling cash or credit.
- Problem-solving, reasoning, motivating, and training abilities are often used.
- Have the ability to work a flexible schedule including nights, weekends and/or holidays
Amazing Benefits At A Glance:
- Team Driven and Values Based Culture
- Vacation & Holiday Pay
- Same-day pay available
- Employee Assistance Program
- Career Growth Opportunities/ Manager Training Program
- Reduced Room Rates throughout the portfolio
- Third Party Perks (Movie Tickets, Attractions, Other)
- Employee assistance program
- Employee discount
- Flexible schedule
- Flexible spending account
- Life insurance
- Parental leave
- Referral program
BusinessView all jobs at Hotel Equities
Get fresh Hotel Development Manager jobs daily straight to your inbox!
You Already Have an Account
We're sending an email you can use to verify and access your account.
If you know your password, you can go to the sign in page.