Part-time Hotel Night Auditor / Accounting
Hotel Bethlehem Bethlehem, PA
- Expired: over a month ago. Applications are no longer accepted.
WHY WORK FOR US?
Historic Hotel Bethlehem offers their employees the opportunity to work alongside of a team of dedicated individuals who are devoted to embracing the hotel’s culture and legacy. We strive to develop a team that fosters that pride and passion in each and every role.
Competitive perks Including:
- Competitive benefit package
- Bonus incentive programs
- 401K and Life Insurance
- Hotel discounts through Historic Hotels of America
- Networking and growth opportunity
Performs front office and night audit duties for the entire Hotel within the standards set forth by Historic Hotel Bethlehem.
Entry level accounting experience applicants please apply.
SKILLS REQUIRED TO PERFORM ESSENTIAL DUTIES:
- Strong customer service orientation
- Strong listening skills and patience
- Ability to deal well with people in a professional and courteous manner
- Excellent phone skills
- Experience with hotel software preferred
- Provide a first-rate guest experience
- Provide information to guests about hotel policies, services and amenities
- Respond to requests from guests for assistance and information about the local area
- Selling and up-selling rooms to “walk-in” customers
- Communicate with the sales department to ensure knowledge of key accounts and groups
- Entering/changing reservation information on the computer system
- Posting charges to guest accounts
- Processing payments from guests
- Closing, balancing and making necessary corrections to guest accounts
- Counting and balancing cash, credit cards and direct bill accounts
- Investigation or analyzing out-of-balance situations and making adjustment or corrections as needed
- Completing various computer audit reports
- Performing all the duties as outlined in the training manual
- Listening for or anticipating and responding to guest complaints
- Operating hotel switchboard or PBX. Use established greeting when answering the phone or meeting guests in person. Speak with attitude of warmth and friendliness. Find a way to say “yes” to their needs if you are reasonably able to do so. Look for ways to be helpful and courteous.
- Maintaining daily logs
- Balancing shift work and cash drawers
- Complete duties assigned by supervisors
- You are part of the property’s security team and are responsible to report any potential safety or security hazards to management immediately. Know all emergency procedures to follow and how to respond in the event of different types of emergencies.
- Ability to work weekends and holidays a must
Must be 18 years of age or older. Must have a high school diploma or equivalent. Must be able to communicate effectively and verbally in English. Excellent hospitality skills. Self-motivated with excellent organizational skills and attention to detail. Ability to work a flexible schedule including extended hours, weekends and holidays.
Also, applicants must have the ability to use abdominal and back muscles and be able to stand for the duration of the shift. Must also have the ability to make fast, simple, repeated movements of the fingers, hands, and wrists, and to reach and stretch, bend, kneel and squat.
There will be a pre-employment drug screen and a nationwide criminal background check.
COVID-19 Safety Precautions
To ensure the health and safety of our employees and guests, we are requiring all new employees be vaccinated for Covid-19 prior to offer of employment.
Historic Hotel Bethlehem has invested in the Reme Halo Air Purification System throughout the entire Hotel in order to add an extra layer of protection for associates and guests.
Award Winning Hotel
Awarded as a Top Workplace - Morning Call
#2 Best Historic Hotel in America – USA Today
#1 Best Historic Hotel with 76-200 rooms – Historic Hotels of America
Voted best hotel in the Lehigh Valley – Trip Advisor
TourismView all jobs at Hotel Bethlehem