The CFO will develop and initiate systems, policies and procedures for transacting financial matters, and ensure that the financial system is accurate, efficient, and in accordance with professional practices and governmental regulations. Analysis of cost as pertains to managed care.
Primary Duties and Responsibilities:
- Develop and implement internal controls that comply with generally accepted accounting principles.
- Oversee general accounting to ensure financial transactions are recorded accurately, timely, and in accordance with requirements set forth by applicable laws and regulatory agencies such as the Bureau of Primary Healthcare.
- File all reports to include UDS report, Financial Status Report, Medicare and Medicaid Cost reports accurately and timely.
- Design and produce reports to provide management, Board, external parties and staff accurate and complete financial data. Serve as liaison between management and Board Finance Committee.
- Work in conjunction with CEO and Senior Leadership Team to plan and finance growth of HSHP. Provide needed data, and cost analysis to assist Senior Leadership Team in decision-making, strategic planning and financial viability.
- Plan and monitor cash requirements.
- Coordinate annual audit.
- Preparation of annual organization budget as well as individual grant budgets; coordinate all department budgets; work with all department heads throughout the year to insure that expenditures adhere to legal and budgetary requirements.
- Responsible for filing of quarterly payroll returns, annual tax returns, W-2 forms, and 1099 forms as required by Federal and State law.
- Ensure all insurance coverage’s including director’s and officer’s, malpractice, general property, etc. are in place each year.
- Management may modify, add or remove essential job functions as necessary, or as changing organizational needs require.
- Must demonstrate personal and professional commitment to the mission of HSHP as expressed in the Mission Statement.
- All other duties as assigned by the Chief Executive Officer.
Minimum Qualifications and Experience:
· Undergraduate degree from an accredited college or university in accounting or finance, MBA or
· CPA preferred but not required.
· Certified Public Accountant preferred but not required.
· Knowledge and experience in health care finance and cash management, including third party reimbursement and Federal guidelines regarding budget, and grant management required.
· Ability to perform a variety of duties ranging from direct involvement in report analysis, familiarity with annual auditing procedures, preparation of annual budgets, and rating as normally acquired through a minimum of three (3) years experience in a higher level healthcare accounting position.
· Oral and written communication skills to present and discuss financial issues with Administration, and Board of Directors are expected.
· Knowledge of the healthcare industry as normally acquired through a minimum of one (1) year previous management experience in a similar environment.
HSHP is an EOE.
A community-based Board of Directors
Strong health education programs and disease management services
Working with patients and families who need assistance in finding a way to afford the health care they need
Partnering with other key health care and community organizations including Madison Community Health Consortium
Hot Springs Health Program is dedicated to serving the primary health care needs of the people of Madison County and surrounding areas through an organization oriented to and directed by the community