The Company: Hot Line Construction is a high voltage electrical contractor that provides Transmission, Distribution, Substation, Civil and Design services. We believe that safety, reliability and results go hand in hand. Since 1986, this philosophy has driven us to provide high voltage construction services that make Hot Line Construction the leading contractor in California.
Hot Line Construction is looking to add an experienced FULL-TIME Transmission/Distribution/Substation Electrical Estimator to our team. This position will be based out of our Brentwood, CA office but applicant must be able to travel up to 25% of the time across Northern California.
· Review and summarize projects for bidding process.
· Attend pre-bid job walk meetings and site visits.
· Prepare labor, equipment and material project estimates.
· Prepare project schedules.
· Assist PM’s in preparing change order requests and managing of projects.
· Analyze and understand bid documents and construction drawings.
· Prepare takeoffs for transmission, distribution and substation projects.
· Manage the submittal process.
· Obtain material quotes and quotes for services.
· 5 years West-Coast project management or estimating experience.
· The ability to understand the requirements of the project by visiting the jobsite, attending pre-bid job walks, preparing needed labor, equipment and material estimates, managing subcontractor quotes, building project manpower resource schedules and reviewing the bid with project management, contract administration and estimating from start to finish.
· Provide contract administration with assistance in creation of budgets after award of the estimated project. Must be able to work with both contract administration and operations to finalize a construction budget based on the estimate created during the bidding phase.
· Assist operations with the production of change orders requests for the duration of a project.
· Demonstrate good written and verbal communications skills.
· Possess good problem-solving abilities and evaluate data.
· Display good computer skills and ability to learn multiple programs, such as estimating and scheduling.
· Experience in Microsoft Excel, AccuBid and Microsoft Projects preferred.
Hot Line Construction is committed to diversity and inclusion in the workplace and is an equal opportunity employer. Hot Line will not discriminate against any employee or applicant for employment based on race, color, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, age, religion, disability, protected veteran status or other characteristics protected by law.
Hot Line Construction, Inc.
9020 Brentwood Blvd. BrentwoodBrentwood, CA
You Already Have an Account
We're sending an email you can use to verify and access your account.
If you know your password, you can go to the sign in page.