District Safety Manager
- $30 to $55 Hourly
Hot Line Construction is actively seeking a qualified, driven individual with Transmission & Distribution electrical knowledge who will uphold our safety values as our newest District Safety Manager.
The Company: Hot Line Construction is a high voltage electrical contractor that provides Transmission, Distribution, Substation, Civil and Design services. We believe that safety, reliability and results go hand in hand. Since 1986, this philosophy has driven us to provide high voltage construction services that make Hot Line Construction the leading contractor in California.
The Position: District Safety Manager
· Engage the workforce to drive for continuous improvement in workplace safety and health.
· Lead safety culture initiatives and implement industry best practices.
· Build a strong safety culture with employees, fellow safety support and management.
· Ensure that Transmission & Distribution employee safety programs are standardized and enforced.
· Provide safety training for supervisors and employee groups to ensure safety measures and work practices are understood.
· Conduct incident reviews and prepare reports on incidents and “good catches”.
· MUST have a working knowledge of T&D components, their operation and of the use of related tools, instruments and equipment.
· Strong desire to elevate the well-established safety culture at Hot Line Construction
· Willingness to work with various crews to provide timely resolutions for safety concerns by defining the issues, establishing action plans and providing technical assistance where needed.
· Ability to promote employee participation in the safety process by conducting safety meetings, giving timely feedback on safety concerns and visibly supporting the safety process.
· Working knowledge of the safety codes, standards and regulations (SCE Codes and Occupational Safety and Health Administration) as they affect the electric utility industry.
· Organizational skills necessary to prioritize and track multiple projects.
· Proficient verbal, written and computer-based communication skills.
· Thorough knowledge of development, presentation and facilitation skills for training programs related to occupational safety.
· Working knowledge of injury and loss-prevention techniques.
· Working knowledge of generation, transmission, substation and distribution electrical principles.
· Self-motivation that allows you to work well in a team environment and able to interface with employees on a daily basis.
· Good persuasion skills and a working knowledge of group facilitation and coordinating techniques.
· Ability to work in various outdoor weather conditions to conduct field safety observations, perform hazard analysis and support employee safety.
· Certification in one or more of the following: CUSP (Certified Utilities Safety Professional), CHST (Construction Health and Safety Technician), ASP (Associate Safety Professional), CSP (Certified Safety Professional) highly preferred.
· Journeyman Lineman or Journeyman Wireman experience highly preferred.
· Must have and maintain a valid motor vehicle driver's license and a record of safe driving habits.
· Daily travel is required.
The Location: The District Safety Manager position will be located in the Porterville area.
Hot Line Construction is committed to diversity and inclusion in the workplace and is an equal opportunity employer. Hot Line will not discriminate against any employee or applicant for employment based on race, color, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, age, religion, disability, protected veteran status or other characteristics protected by law.
Hot Line Construction, Inc.Porterville, CA
Get fresh District Safety Manager jobs daily straight to your inbox!
You Already Have an Account
We're sending an email you can use to verify and access your account.
If you know your password, you can go to the sign in page.