Responsibilities include, but not limited to, working closely with Ponderosa HMS to assure that each department is operating to Best Western brand standards, delivering excellent guest service and operating within the budget, scheduling staff to meet the needs and budget, assists departments as needed.
To develop a team that will provide stellar customer service that will score high in the Guest Service Scores. To hire and train a qualified staff to produce the highest volume of sales and affect the greatest profit while maintaining a high degree of guest satisfaction, confidence and prestige in the service and quality of the hotel. To remain competitive in every area, produce and achieve budgetary goals. To interact with community leaders to insure the Best Western is well known and respected throughout the community.
DUITES AND RESPONSIBLITIES:
- Assist Ponderosa HMS in developing operating budgets
- Assist departments as needed. Which includes, but not limited to, helping at the front desk during peak times, helping to inspect guest rooms and assisting the food service department
- Schedules all staff in all departments to meet the need and budget
- Keeps up to date of changes to the Best Western audit and hotel departments to assure compliance
- Payroll, banking, accounts payable and accounts receivable procedures
- Analyzes operations and meets with departments to review operations to insure they understand and maintain the department budget
- Coordinates, delegates and verifies upcoming hotel events to insure all rooming lists are completed, billing information correct, food and beverage requirements are met and staff is prepared and informed of each event to insure delivering stellar service to our guest
- Establish programs to improve employee morale and motivation
- Conducts team meetings
- Submits all reports, receipts and information to Ponderosa Hotel Management Services each Friday
- Studies and analyzes employee work assignments and makes necessary changes to insure the operations are working efficiently
- Inspects the property and implements action to ensure the safety and comfort from fire, injury, or illness due to unsafe or unsanitary conditions
- Other duties as assigned
- Two to five years of Hospitality Management Experience
- Strong organization skills
- Ability to work as a team member with hotel staff.
- Strong computer skills (e.g. Outlook, Excel etc.)
- Displays self-confidence, positive attitude and enthusiasm
- Able to establish and exceed personal and management goals
- Self-starter with little or no supervision
- Excellent verbal and written skills