The Director of Special Events is responsible for all banquet functions from orientation to execution, including the delegation of responsibilities to his/her catering sales staff. He/she also supports the General Manager by completing task as directed.
- Manages the property's reactive and proactive catering sales efforts
- Develops and implements sales strategies to achieve maximum revenue
- Builds local client base through sales calls, prospecting, networking, referrals
- Responds to customer inquiries and develops customers independently
- Coaches the sales team on interpersonal communication skills and sales tactics
- Promotes restaurant though local networking and organizations
- Approves and negotiates contracts for catering sales team
- Analyzes competition to maintain competitiveness and right pricing
- Responsible for the financial performance of the department verifying that the team maximizes revenue opportunities by up-selling and implementation of other best revenue generating practices
- Prepares all monthly reports for support center including accurate sales forecasts and booking reports
- Achieves or exceeds booking goals and budgets for self and team
- Establishes team and individual sales goals
- Ensure successful events that meet both the client needs and company’s profitability guidelines
- Communicates all relevant information to appropriate departments in a timely fashion and in a detailed manner
- Ensures team sells products and services that the operations team has the ability to successfully execute
- Responds in a timely manner to customer issues and resolves complaints
- Maintains effective communication, direction, support, timely feedback and recognition of performance
- Provides support and coaching to team members to drive high levels of performance, job satisfaction, and personal growth
- Celebrate team success
- Creates sales activity expectation
- 5 years of progressive, strong sales experience with a catering company, full service hotel or restaurant
- Experience managing a Catering Sales Department team
- Strong catering sales and event planning experience with revenues over $5 million a must
- College Degree
- Experience in accurate forecasting, and preparation of sales plans and financial reports
- Highly skilled in sales
- Excellent interpersonal, verbal, and written communication skills.
- Detail oriented with a strong emphasis on accuracy.
- Strong PC skills with a working knowledge of including but not limited to MS Excel, MS Word, MS Office, and Outlook.
- Highly organized and creative
- Work with fluctuating schedule based on departmental requirements.
- Observe all Polices and Procedures.
- Must be able to create and maintain a team atmosphere with in the department and ensure that employees are appropriately trained and have an adequate work load.