- Posted: over a month ago
- Benefits: life insurance, medical, vision, 401k, dental,
Minimum Education: Degree in Interior Design
Minimum Experience: Five (5) years, including two (2) years hospitality related
Preferred Field: Hospitality
Skills: AutoCAD, Excel, Word
Expertise: Good knowledge of plans and specifications, budgets, and construction techniques
Travel: Yes (Caribbean)
Key Responsibilities: Interior Designer for a world renown resort brand. The work involves a variety of project types and sizes related to the hospitality industry, and includes both new construction and renovations. The Interior Designer will work closely with the HPI Directors to produce quality designs incorporating appropriate furniture, fixtures and equipment (FF&E) as well as construction materials. The Designer must have excellent organizational skills, be self-motivated, and have high energy for a fast-paced office.
- Manage multiple projects simultaneously, including CAD staff (and assistants if applicable)
- Establish design schedules and ensure deadlines are met
- Develop conceptual schemes to be presented to the HPI Director of Design and the client
- Provide and monitor budgets
- Designers with CAD capabilities are expected to do CAD as necessary
- Review drawings and details for design intent and constructability at Schematic, DD, and Construction phases
- Review drawings and details for coordination with all consultants including architects, engineers, landscape architects, lighting & AV consultants, millwork fabricators, etc.
- Review and approve shop drawings and submittals
- Write/review FF&E and material Requisitions
- Liaise with HPI's Purchasing Department and review project trackers
- Facilitate renderings
- Liaise with on-site Project Managers to resolve construction/installation issues
- Travel to job sites for inspections, installations, and reports
Hospitality Purveyors, Inc.
Hospitality Purveyors Inc (HPI) is the exclusive design and procurement arm for all Sandals Resorts International properties which are wholly-owned and managed resorts.
4950 SW 72 AvenueMiami, FL
ConstructionView all jobs at Hospitality Purveyors, Inc.