Driver Class A CDL
Hospital Central Services Association Auburn, WA
- Posted: 27 days ago
- $30 Hourly
- Benefits: 401k, dental, life insurance, medical, vision,
Hospital Central Services Association (HCSA) is a healthcare laundry facility serving the needs of hospitals and medical clinics in the Puget Sound Area. HCSA is currently accepting resumes for the following position:
Job Title: Delivery Driver
Status: Full Time
Reports to: Transportation Supervisor
The Delivery Driver is responsible for delivery and pickup of linen to and from hospitals and medical clinics.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES
- Ability to load and unload large trucks and van in the transfer and delivery of clean and soiled linen in wheeled carts.
- Ability to operate motor vehicles of more than one ton capacity safely in a tight hospital or clinic loading dock.
- Commercial Driver’s License (CDL, Class A); operating tractor trailer and straight trucks.
- Communicate with both laundry and hospital/clinic personnel with courtesy and respect.
- Communicate effectively with customer and supervisor to ensure that any issues are resolved quickly and effectively.
- Regularly deliver clean linen and pick-up soiled linen from customers.
- Load and unload vehicle; strapping carts as needed for safety.
- Maintain a clean and safe truck at all times.
- Report potential or current equipment malfunctions to Supervisor.
- Follow and abide by instructions regarding customer locations and delivery requirements.
- Maintain records of vehicle daily inspection and maintenance.
1. Current CDL-A driver’s license: Must be able to pass extensive DOT required background check and drug screen. Must be able to meet hospital badge-access requirements.
2. Experience – This position requires up to one years’ experience performing Delivery Driver and customer service tasks in a fast paced, deadline-driven environment.
3. Other required Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
· This is a highly collaborative and communicative position. It requires constant communication with customers, team mates and management. The ability to communicate accurate messages regarding business-related collaborations, while applying the utmost professionalism and tact, is an essential function of the job. While position requires ability to work cooperatively in a team setting, must also have the ability to perform tasks independently with minimal supervision.
· Excellent communication skills both written and verbal as well as excellent organizational skills.
· Delivery Truck: tractor trailer/straight truck
MENTAL & PHYSICAL DEMANDS/WORKING CONDITIONS
1. Mental Effort: Ability to question and analyze complex information. Ability to effectively communicate with customers and Supervisor.
2. Physical Requirements: Ability to lift up to 50 pounds; push/pull force up to 600 pounds.
3. Working Conditions: Ability to work in all weather conditions in transport of linen. Hospitals/clinics REQUIRE regular linen delivery.
Hospital Central Services AssociationWhy Work Here?
HCSA is 50 years strong with an awesome company culture with long tenure and family oriented. Offer great pay and benefits.
1600 M Street NWAuburn, WA
Transportation and StorageView all jobs at Hospital Central Services Association