- Vision , Medical , Dental , Retirement
JOIN US IN MAKING THE MOST OF EVERY DAY!
Hospice of The Western Reserve operates in celebration of the individual worth of each life, we strive to relieve suffering, enhance comfort, promote quality of life, foster choice in end-of-life care and support effective grieving.
We believe that our success starts with our greatest asset: OUR EMPLOYEES!
We live our shared core values in everything we do:
COMPASSION. EXCELLENCE. EQUALITY. INTEGRITY. SERVICE. STEWARDSHIP.
We have a passion for purpose-driven work! Do you?
JOIN OUR FAMILY!
Assists the Director of Education and Engagement in identifying, planning, and developing internal and external programs for paid staff. This position is also responsible for mentoring and educating paid and volunteer clinical team members within the agency.
WHAT YOU WILL DO:
- Assists the Director of Education and Engagement in identifying, planning, and developing external programs for professionals and the community at large.
- Develops teaching units using adult learning principles.
- Teaches content on end-of-life care to external students, professionals, and the community at large as assigned.
- Assists with updating, implementing, and maintaining Preceptor Program.
- Responsible for being the lead on facilitating Nursing Rounds
- Assists with follow-up within 3 months of hire specifically.
- Provides clinical guidance according to policies and procedures, addresses questions and concerns, and serves as a resource to clinical team members.
- Assists with orientation and mentoring team members.
- Perform observatory supervised visits for team members in coordination with their competency and performance evaluations.
- Reinforces agency practices and policies with clinical team members.
- Aligns clinical guidance with strategic initiatives.
- Assists in identifying learning needs of staff through formal and informal needs assessment.
- Assist with education and remediation of team members in corrective action
- Serves as a consultant to staff caring for patients.
- Creates transition plans for team members transitioning to another team.
- Assists with the understanding and use of the EMR.
- Responsible for administering, documenting and follow up of annual flu vaccinations, COVID-19 vaccinations, Hepatitis B vaccinations, and TB testing or volunteer staff.
- Oversees and functions as a resource to volunteer staff who perform rapid COVID-19 testing throughout the agency.
- Acts as a resource to volunteer team members regarding COVID-19 protocols.
- Responsible for fit testing volunteer team member staff with N-95 masks
- Maintains Transmission Based Precautions
- Responsible for annual Hands-On Care and Feeding Class content, skills labs for pain and volunteer staff.
- Responsible for teaching Comfort Touch Class and overseeing the Comfort Touch Program for paid and volunteer staff; serves as a mentor for Comfort Touch Practitioners
- Collaborates with Education Team in development and presenting of Disease State classes for pain and volunteer staff.
- Collaborates with Education Team in development and presenting of OSHA/Infection Control presentations for paid and volunteer staff.
- Responsible for training and oversight of volunteers who function using their credentials and/or license in clinical roles.
- Creates and provides continuing education to volunteer staff.
- Oversees joint visits and competencies of paid and volunteer clinical team members.
- Responsible to practice in accordance with Hospice of the Wester Reserve clinical standards of practice, policies, and procedures
- Participates in coordinating activities of the volunteer staff as they relate to specific patient/family needs.
- Demonstrates positive customer service responsiveness according to agency standards.
- Completes annual competency requirements.
- Serves on Committees as assigned.
- Registered nurse, MS degree with education emphasis preferred.
- Experience in hospice care and teaching.
- Current registration/license.
- Computer skills required.
- Supervisory experience preferred
- Total Rewards Package to include Retirement, Health, Dental, Vision, voluntary benefits and Corporate Discounts
- Tuition Assistance
- Non-exempt role
- Protocols in place for wellbeing during COVID-19
CONDITIONS OF EMPLOYMENT:
- Compliance to Annual Flu Shot/Covid Policy or ability to provide exemption documentation
- Ability to provide proof of eligibility to work in the United States.
- High level of integrity, ethics and professionalism.
PHYSICAL REQUIREMENTS AND WORKING CONDITIONS
This position requires the duties be completed in both office-type settings and patient care settings. May include making visits to a variety of home environments with prolonged telephone or computer use at times. Could require the exertion of up to 20 pounds of force occasionally; work requires sitting, stooping, bending, kneeling, reaching, standing, fingering, grasping and repetitive motions; vocal communication; hearing, and visual acuity. This position has the potential to be exposed to environmental elements, internal and external, such as infectious disease, bloodborne pathogens, and chemicals and/or chemical fumes, (pet dander and/or exposure to allergens) and adverse effects of inclement weather that may occur as well as potentially difficult patient and family situations.
NOTE: The responsibilities of this position are described above, and they may be subject to change at any time due to reasonable accommodations or other reasons. Also, this description in no way states or implies that these are the only duties to be performed by the employee occupying this position.
Applicants who may need reasonable accommodations to complete the application process may contact:
Careers at Hospice of the Western Reserve
17876 St. Clair Ave.
Cleveland, OH 44114
Hospice of the Western Reserve is an Equal Opportunity Employer and encourages Women, Minorities, Individuals with Disabilities, and protected Veterans to apply.
Hospice of the Western ReserveCleveland, OH
You Already Have an Account
We're sending an email you can use to verify and access your account.
If you know your password, you can go to the sign in page.