Hospice of the Upstate is looking for a social worker to help meet the needs of individuals and families affected by life-limiting illness and end of life issues. This person will be working with populations of varying cultures, ages, socioeconomic classes and non-traditional families. The social worker must be prepared to assess needs and intervene appropriately.
Some job functions include, but are not limited to:
· Assessing patients and families, including biopsychosocial information, to develop care plans to enhance family coping skills with terminal illness.
· Provide individual and family counseling.
· Educate the patient/family about anticipatory grief, loss and the dying process.
· Provide short term crisis intervention
· Attend funerals and evaluate family/friends for bereavement risks.
· Observe and evaluate information regarding psychosocial, spiritual, financial and physical conditions affecting the patient and family.
· Assist in discharge planning by providing advice and support to the patient and family concerning nursing homes and assisted living placement.
· Maintain standards of social work excellence in accordance with the principles set forth by NHPCO, NASW and agency policies and procedures.
· Make referrals to volunteer coordinator, chaplain, complementary therapy, or to community resources.
· Attend staff meetings and interdisciplinary team meetings.
· Reassess and revise care plans in response to newly identified needs and altered goals of care.
Participate in weekend on-call rotation.
Hospice of the UpstateHospice of the Upstate provides compassionate, quality care to terminally ill patients and their families, while offering leadership and community education for end-of-life.