1. Must hold an active South Carolina certification as nurse aide.
2. Must have a valid driver’s license and proof of automobile insurance.
3. Must have reliable transportation.
4. Demonstrate the ability to be flexible and work indendently.
5. Demonstrate the ability to manage work load and schedule effectively and efficiently.
6. Must be empathetic and have the ability to relate well to patients, families, and members of the Hospice of the Upstate care team.
7. Understand and embrace the hospice philosophy.
1. Provides personal care and assistance in the home environment as directed by the plan of care and under supervision of the RN Case Manager:
· Mouth care
· Skin and nail care
· Transfers and ambulatory assistance
· Meal preparation and feeding
· Light housekeeping
· Other household services essential to health care at home
2. Follows plan of care as developed by the RN Case Manager.
3. Reports changes in the patient’s condition or family situation to the RN Case Manager or appropriate supervisor.
4. Provides timely performance of assigned tasks following the patient specific care plan and documents in electronic documentation system.
5. Participate in evening and weekend scheduling to meet the needs of Hospice of the Upstate patients and families.
6. Meet and maintain competency requirements.
7. Maintains effective working relations with patients, families, and the Hospice of the Upstate care team.
8. Follows Hospice of the Upstate policies and procedures for infection control and safety guidelines.
9. Ensures the protection of patient and employee information. Accesses no more than the minimum necessary information to complete his or her job.
10. Attends mandatory meetings, in-services, and Hospice of the Upstate activities.
11. Completes annual in-service requirements.
12. Maintains CPR certification.
13. Participates in the programs quality improvement initiatives.
14. Adhere to Hospice of the Upstate dress code policy.
15. Adhere to scheduled work hours, regular in attendance, and punctual.
16. Represent Hospice of the Upstate with credibility and dignity and in the spirit of excellence and trust.
17. Other related duties as required.