Palliative Resource Nurse (RN) - FT
- Vision , Medical , Dental , Paid Time Off , Life Insurance , Retirement
Job Title: Resource Nurse (RN)- Palliative Care
Location: Charlottesville, VA
Company: Hospice of the Piedmont
About Us: At Hospice of the Piedmont, we believe in providing compassionate and expert care to patients and their families during their most challenging times. We are a dedicated team of healthcare professionals committed to delivering the highest quality palliative and hospice care. Join us in making a difference in the lives of those we serve.
Position Overview: As a RN Resource Nurse for our Palliative Care program, you will play a crucial role in ensuring that our patients and their families receive the best possible care and support. You will serve as a key point of contact, receiving calls from patients and their loved ones, assessing their needs, and coordinating the necessary care, including home visits when required. In addition, you will collaborate with our dedicated team of healthcare providers and facilitate communication with attending physicians and other specialists.
Phone Triage & Support for Palliative Team:
- Perform telephone or video assessments of patients' needs and concerns; assess the need for home visits and schedule visits with providers and other team members.
- Manage patients' pain and symptoms, update medication lists, and obtain changes in orders as needed; provide guidance, support, and education to patients and families over the phone.
- Manage incoming calls from patients, families, and referral sources.
- Facilitate communication with attending physicians and document all interactions in the patient's electronic medical record.
- Conduct initial visits and consents for palliative services; perform informational visits and admission assessments for patients transitioning to hospice.
- Assist with documentation for provider visits; handle medication refill requests and authorizations; provide pain and symptom follow-up calls.
- Conduct hospice presentations to patients and their support circle; assist with communication to hospice team physicians for hospice eligibility.
- Provide administrative support to the Palliative Program, including scheduling and intake tasks.
- Review Palliative Intake charts and discuss findings with patients and families to ensure the best program for their situation.
- Graduate of an accredited nursing program with a current RN license in Virginia., and a minimum of three (3) years of experience as a registered nurse within the last 5 years.
- At least one (1) year of hospice, home health, or palliative care experience, Hospice certified; prior hospice triage experience, and knowledge of the Medicare Hospice Conditions of Participation (COPs), federal, and state regulations.
- Expertise or highly knowledgeable in pain management, symptom control, crisis intervention, and family support.
- Demonstrated critical thinking skills and excellent clinical judgment.
- Technical skills, including proficiency with EMR software and basic to intermediate proficiency in Microsoft Outlook, Word, and Excel.
- Knowledge of regulatory requirements in hospice and palliative care and understanding of eligibility requirements for hospice.
- Strong organizational skills with sharp attention to detail and follow-up, excellent communication, customer service, and interpersonal skills.
Why Choose Hospice of the Piedmont:
Working with us is more than just a job; it's an opportunity to be part of an organization that values diversity and dedicates itself to providing comfort, hope, and healing to patients, their caregivers, and the entire community. We are proud to be an equal opportunity employer, driven by our mission to serve.
Our comprehensive benefits package includes:
- Medical, Dental, Vision, and Life Insurance
- Short & Long-Term Disability Coverage
- 403(b) and Roth Retirement Plans with Employer Matching
- Flexible Spending Accounts
- Voluntary Benefits (Critical Illness, Hospitalization)
- Employee Assistance Program
- Generous Paid Time Off
- Paid Holidays
Join our team and make a meaningful impact on the lives of patients and families in need. Become a part of our compassionate and dedicated healthcare community; we will provide a supportive work environment where your skills and expertise will be valued.
Hospice of the Piedmont Inc
675 Peter Jefferson ParkwayCharlottesville, VA
HealthcareView All Hospice of the Piedmont Inc Jobs
You Already Have an Account
We're sending an email you can use to verify and access your account.
If you know your password, you can go to the sign in page.