Crisis Care Nurse
- Posted: over a month ago
It is the mission of Hospice Visions, Inc. to provide exemplary service to patients, and their loved ones, who are coping with the challenges of life-limiting illness, and to provide outstanding community education on issues of death, dying, quality of life, and bereavement.
SCOPE OF RESPONSIBILITY:
The Licensed Practical Nurse, as an employee of Hospice Visions, Inc. is responsible for meeting the established Standards of Nursing Practice while working under the supervision of the RN Case Manager. The LPN provides quality hospice care in a home setting using the nursing process to assist the RN Case Manager and other team members as indicated in assessing, planning, implementing, and evaluating the patient and families physical, emotional, psychosocial, and spiritual needs consistent with Hospice Visions policies and procedures.
- Graduated from an accredited school of nursing.
- Holds a current license to practice as a licensed professional nurse in the State of Idaho.
- Has valid Idaho Driver’s License and availability of a car.
- Skilled in nursing practice, able to cope with family emotional stress and tolerant of individual lifestyles.
- Demonstrated ability to work well with a multidisciplinary team.
ESSENTIAL TASKS, DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Work on an as need basis for continuous care assignments.
- Consult with the RN Case Manager and other team members and seeks guidance as necessary.
- Promote and maintain good interpersonal and harmonious relationships with hospice team members, including volunteers and personnel of other departments.
- Apply principles of asepsis and universal precautions.
- Provide assigned patient care according to the Care Plan of the interdisciplinary team to patients and their families in need of twenty four (24) hour care, under the direct supervision of the RN Case Manager.
- Provide a home environment conducive to safety and infection control.
- Document care using the nursing process for team evaluation of the crisis situation.
- Administer prescribed medications and treatments (except by intravenous push), based on knowledge of the drugs and treatments and their side effects for patient comfort and pain control.
- Report pertinent information regarding assigned patients and their families to the RN Case Manager and to other team members as indicated.
- Document information timely, at least every two hours and accurately on appropriate forms.
- Provide appropriate support to families at time of patient death, and report to Bereavement Coordinator/Counselor any perceived problems.
- Practice Universal Precautions according to OSHA regulations and Hospice Visions policy.
- Attend twelve (12) hours of in-service annually, including OSHA requirements.
This position requires moving/lifting a bed-bound patient who is unable to assist in his/her own care in the privacy of his/her home. Weight may vary from 10 – 250 + pounds.
This position requires wearing appropriate attire and closed toe shoes in the clinical setting.
UNUSUAL WORKING CONDITIONS:
- Exposure to Dogs
- Repetitive Motion
- Exposure to Microwave
- Exposure to Air-conditioning
Hospice Visions, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Hospice Visions Inc
AddressTwin Falls, ID
HealthcareView all jobs at Hospice Visions Inc