Hospice Care of Southwest Michigan is seeking a Registered Nurse to join our team on an as needed basis at Rose Arbor, our 18 bed hospice residence in Kalamazoo. This position works up to a 12 hour shift on days, 7:00am to 7:30pm, and we ask that PRN nurses provide (2) shifts of availability per two-week pay period, including (1) weekend shift per month and (1) holiday per year.
The RN provides skilled professional nursing care to the client/family/caregiver as prescribed by the physician and in compliance with regulations as established by the State Board of Registered Nursing, the client, and the policies of Hospice Care of Southwest Michigan.
Additional duties of this position include the following:
- Provides professional nursing care by utilizing all elements of nursing process.
- Assesses and evaluates client’s status.
- Initiates and sustains as needed the implementation of orders for medications and treatments prescribed by the attending physician or designee.
- Individualizes and teaches the client/family/caregiver self-care techniques as appropriate.
- Works in cooperation with the family/caregiver and Interdisciplinary Group members to meet the needs of the client/family/caregiver.
Additional requirements for this position include:
- Maintains license as a Registered Nurse from the State of Michigan; BSN preferred.
- Maintains current BLS certification.
- A minimum of one year hospice, medical, surgical, or critical care nursing experience.
- Experience with issues concerning the terminally ill, death/dying, and pain symptom management; IV skills preferred.
- Current hospice experience preferred.
- Remains up to date on all immunizations required by LARA and agency policy.
- Presents a negative TB skin test and/or chest X-Ray.
Some of the benefits you’ll enjoy:
- Competitive pay
- 403(b) retirement plan with company match
Hospice Care of Southwest Michigan is a trusted community partner and a respected non-profit, free-standing, state licensed organization serving the Kalamazoo and surrounding counties since 1981. We are committed to providing high quality, compassionate care for people coping with illness, aging, dying, and loss. We are an equal opportunity employer that provides rewarding work opportunities and the chance to make a real difference in your community. Hospice Care of Southwest Michigan participates in the E-Verify program.
Powered by JazzHR
Hospice Care of Southwest Michigan