Employee Group Benefits Account Manager
- Expired: over a month ago. Applications are no longer accepted.
Horst, one of Central Pennsylvania's leading Employee Benefits agencies, is seeking a qualified and experienced Group Benefits Account Manager with strong industry knowledge and retention experience. This position is in our company headquarters in Lancaster, Pennsylvania and involves client retention responsibilities.
As a Group Benefits Account Manager at Horst, you will join a team-oriented, client-focused organization with an outstanding 100-year reputation. This is the perfect opportunity for a goal-oriented individual seeking a highly professional environment to continue their growth and success. Our goal is to combine your talents with our team support and resources to create a winning combination.
- Education - Associates degree from a two-year college or technical school, or equivalent combination of education and relevant experience. College degree preferred.
- Solid business acumen and the ability to effectively communicate with business owners and leaders
- Pennsylvania Producer License - Life, Accident & Health Lines of Authority
- 2 - 3 years of experience with Employee Group Benefits account management and production
- Effective time management skills necessary to accomplish both growth and retention objectives in a fast-paced environment
- Demonstrated presentation skills
- Working knowledge of benefit agency management systems (Brokerage-Builder preferred) and Microsoft Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook, and TEAMS.
A Group Benefits Account Manager is responsible to:
- Manage a book of assigned Employee Benefits accounts including but not limited to, medical, short term disability, long term disability, dental, and pensions.
- Maintain product knowledge in medical, life, short term and long term disability, dental, vision, flexible spending, health reimbursement, and health savings accounts.
- Maintain full and accurate client and policy data in the agency management system.
- Meet with the Account Executive on a regular basis to establish a "game plan" for: 1) current client issues or problems; 2) strategizing on upcoming renewals and new business opportunities, and 3) to determine Client Relationship Management needs. Keep the Account Executive fully informed of all important activities during the course of the work week.
- Work closely with the Account Executive to ensure a smooth transition for new clients and to help build a strong relationship with these clients to ensure long term success. Long term success should be based on the Client Relationship Management program.
- With the Account Executive, manage the carrier renewal process, including: 1) contacting the client for updated renewal information; 2) providing the Marketing Coordinator with the information needed to market the renewal; 3)Reviewing incoming carrier quotations; 4) strategizing on alternative presentation; 5) create a proposal, including spreadsheets; 6) deliver the proposal to the client; and 7) manage any follow-up items needed.
- At the request of the Account Executive, provide support during the new client process by: 1) assisting in reviewing incoming carrier quotations; 2) assisting in creating proposals, including spreadsheets; 3) providing presentation clean‐up support; 4) assisting in internal service presentations; and 5) managing any follow-up items needed.
- Assist Account Executive in cross selling and account‐rounding by obtaining information on lines not written by Agency, and soliciting opportunities on those lines from existing.
- Conduct open enrollment meetings.
- Answer inquiries from company contacts or employees on issues such as (but not limited to) enrollment, benefits, and renewals.
- Ensure all necessary paperwork is complete to install and renew existing groups with all carriers.
- Work closely with all carriers to bring client concerns to a resolution as quickly as possible.
- Work closely with Claims Advocate to stay informed on the problem claim situations and market conditions facing the clients.
We offer competitive compensation with the opportunity for commissions and full benefits package, including Medical, Dental, Vision, Life Insurance, Short Term Disability, and a 401(k)-employer match program. Selected candidates must successfully clear all pre-employment screenings.
Horst Insurance is dedicated to providing legendary Employee Benefits services to its clients. From our team approach to providing unique services and resources, Horst Insurance has one simple goal, to become our client's trusted insurance advisor. Horst Insurance provides commercial and personal insurance services and employee group benefits to over 7,500 businesses and families in Pennsylvania, Maryland, and Delaware. With nearly 40 employees, Horst Insurance is a part of Horst Group, Inc., which consists of three core businesses: Construction, Property Management, and Insurance. For more information about Horst Insurance, please visit www.HorstInsurance.com. EOE
Job Posted by ApplicantPro
BusinessView all jobs at Horst Group