Junior HR Generalist
- Posted: over a month ago
As a member of the HR & Administration Team, the Junior HR Generalist will provide HR and administrative support to the organization. This role will report to and support the Director, HR & Administration. Support areas include recruitment, onboarding, training, compliance, employee relations, performance management, policy development, payroll/benefits administration, and employment law compliance. In addition, this role will be responsible for record keeping, file maintenance and HRIS entry.
Major Areas of Responsibility:
- Recruit for all levels of positions within the organization.
- Update job descriptions and ensure that they are accurately reflected in the HRIS.
- Assist with job posting, sourcing, screening, and scheduling interviews.
- Assist with the overall recruitment life cycle from posting to fill.
- Attend and participate in career fairs and trade shows.
- Respond to basic policy and procedure inquiries
- Assist on payroll, benefits, FMLA, and workers compensation issues
- Assist in general inquiries
- Run weekly and monthly reports
- Perform other duties, as assigned.
- Bachelor’s degree in human resources or related field required
- High level of discretion and confidentiality
- Basic understanding of federal, state, and local employment laws and regulations
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Excellent interpersonal skills
- Proficient with or the ability to quickly learn ATS, HRIS
- Proficient with MS-Office Suite
- Ability to sit/stand for long periods of time
Horst Engineering & Mfg Co
AddressEast Hartford, CT
BusinessView all jobs at Horst Engineering & Mfg Co