Join a progressive, employee-focused, regional multidisciplinary engineering firm offering challenging assignments, superior management, high standards and reputation, and recognition and reward for individual achievement. With 14 offices in 8 western states, Horrocks Engineers has seen a four-year growth of 32%. Horrocks Engineers provides our employees with the opportunity to Learn More, Do More, and Earn More.
Horrocks Engineers is seeking a highly motivated senior civil engineer and Project Manager to support our transportation and municipal engineering business in New Mexico. The successful candidate will have a strong technical design background and proven project management and client service experience. This position provides a great opportunity for an engineer looking to take the next big step in their career.
• Manage and lead Horrocks design teams to deliver transportation projects
• Develop scope, budget and schedules for transportation projects
• Solicit and manage subconsultant engineering services
• Interface with clients including state, municipal and tribal agencies
• Coordinate and conduct meetings with project stakeholders
• Coordinate with office management and other project managers to share resources
• Track budget and schedule performance to assure successful delivery of projects
• Manage Quality Control/Quality Assurance activities per Horrocks’ Quality Program
• Cultivate client relationships and pursue business development opportunities
• Bachelor of Science degree in Civil Engineering
• Professional Engineering license in NM or ability to obtain within one year of hire
• 10 years of experience in civil and transportation engineering
• Experience in managing technical staff and project teams
• Experience working for state DOT and municipal clients
• Ability to manage several projects concurrently
• Solid written and oral communication skills
• Outstanding interpersonal and customer service skills
• Strong organizational skills and attention to detail
• Proficiency with MS Office applications
• Experience with project accounting practices and systems
• Experience using Autodesk and/or Bentley design software
• Design-Build Experience is a plus
Horrocks Engineers offers sought-after benefits:
• Highly competitive salaries including comp time for salaried employees
• Medical, dental, vision, and life insurance including company-paid coverage for domestic partner
• Generous paid time off
• Continuing education and professional development opportunities including in-house training
• Paid professional organization membership and professional licensure
• Company activities and events
• A casual and family-oriented work environment
Personal integrity and references are a must. Horrocks Engineers is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Preference is given to veterans.
Horrocks Engineers may identify additional skills and requirements for the hiring process. Only applicants selected to interview will be contacted.
Why Work Here?Horrocks Engineers, Inc., has a long history and reputation as one of the western United States' leading full-service civil engineering firms. Founded by Gilbert Horrocks in 1968, the company is committed to planning and designing sustainable communities. Our staff of seasoned engineers, specialty experts, surveyors, drafters, and technicians are progressive industry leaders with the technical expertise and management savvy to handle projects of varying size, scope, and complexity.
Terrific compensation with benefits to match. We take care of our team. Consistent, challenging work with room to grow.