Horrocks Engineers Pleasant Grove, UT
- Expired: over a month ago. Applications are no longer accepted.
Horrocks Engineers is looking for a Human Resource Generalist to join our fast-paced and growing firm in our Pleasant Grove, UT office. If you have 4 years of experience and/or a Bachelors Degree in Human Resources, Business Administration, or a related field, wed like to hear from you.Duties/Responsibilities:
- Handle day-to-day employment-related inquiries from employees and supervisors, referring complex and/or sensitive matters to the appropriate staff.
- Support the career development and internal recruiting efforts within the organization.
- Assist management with performance concerns, disciplinary action and conflict management issues.
- Collect, analyze and maintain data gathered to inform targeted leadership development (e.g., succession planning and retention).
- Work with hiring managers to develop effective sourcing and recruitment strategies that result in client satisfaction. Develop effective relationships within the organization and the hiring community to have influence and impact the recruiting process and hiring.
- Recruit full-time, part-time, temporary, contractual and intern employees. Complete hiring process within defined metrics to minimize overall time-to-start.
- Assist with external recruiting efforts, including maintaining relationships with schools, associations and other recruiters. Represent the organization at selected job fairs.
- Develop and implement creative and innovative sourcing strategies and techniques to help the company reach a diverse audience of qualified candidates through online and in-person recruitment efforts.
Diversity and Inclusion (D&I)
- Assist in building a diverse and inclusive workplace
- Foster a feeling of belonging, inclusion, and engagement among employees of all backgrounds
- Work with HR Director and D&I committee to help identify and remove any institutional obstacles to ensure everyone is accepted and treated equitably
- Work with senior management to assess company efforts on diversity and cross-cultural inclusion programs, establish best practices and identify programs to remove barriers that affect staff retention and advancement.
- Working within the D&I committee, collaborate with management to develop diversity and cross-cultural initiatives and programs.
- Help with the design of and engage in platform training and direct development of online training programs on both diversity and cross-cultural awareness.
- Maintain metrics and prepare periodic reports for senior management to evaluate/measure diversity and cross-cultural resource initiatives.
- Direct the development of survey instruments to measure effectiveness and employee satisfaction of initiatives.
- Recommend coaching strategies and dialogues that address specific concerns and issues and work with HR Director in the resolution of conflicts/disputes relating to diversity and/or cross- cultural initiatives and activities.
- Responsible for annual EEOC Reporting.
- Conduct exit and stay interviews, summarizes findings, and discusses trends and concerns with senior management.
- Maintain an attitude and philosophy consistent with the company's standards.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Excellent interpersonal, negotiation, and conflict resolution skills.
- Excellent organizational skills and attention to detail.
- Excellent time management skills with a proven ability to meet deadlines.
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills.
- Ability to prioritize tasks and to delegate them when appropriate.
- Ability to act with integrity, professionalism, and confidentiality.
- Working knowledge of employment-related laws and regulations.
- Working knowledge of Microsoft Office Suite or related software.
Education and Experience:
- Bachelors degree in Human Resources, Business Administration, or related field and/or four (4) years of experience
- Experience with HRIS or Talent Management systems is a plus
- SHRM-CP a plus, but not required.
- Prolonged periods of sitting at a desk and working on a computer.
- May be required to lift 15 pounds at times.
- Must be able to access and navigate each department at the organizations facilities.
Horrocks Engineers is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will be equally considered without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, disability, age, or veteran status. Women and minorities are encouraged to apply.
Horrocks EngineersWhy Work Here?
Terrific compensation with benefits to match. We take care of our team. Consistent, challenging work with room to grow.
Horrocks Engineers, Inc., has a long history and reputation as one of the western United States' leading full-service civil engineering firms. Founded by Gilbert Horrocks in 1968, the company is committed to planning and designing sustainable communities. Our staff of seasoned engineers, specialty experts, surveyors, drafters, and technicians are progressive industry leaders with the technical expertise and management savvy to handle projects of varying size, scope, and complexity.
AddressPleasant Grove, UT