Horning Brothers is looking to hire an ambitious team player to join our company to make a difference in the communities we serve. Owned and operated for over 60 years, we are leaders in real estate development and manage a diverse portfolio of multi-family housing and retail within the DC region. A career in the multi-family industry gives you stability and the opportunity to provide quality homes for people to make memories in that will last them a lifetime. Join an award-winning company!
We see the importance of offering personal and professional developmental training programs to empower and aide you in your success. We recognize that the backbone of Horning Brothers is our employees. We appreciate and value new ideas and perspectives and have a great corporate culture.
The Leasing Manager will direct the property's leasing activities, marketing efforts, leasing team members, and other resources to achieve established revenue, occupancy, resident retention, and leasing goals and objectives. This position will be responsible performing other clerical functions as required to ensure customer satisfaction through move-in process.
- Oversee all leasing and front desk staff.
- Monitor leasing activity to include advertising, phone call, emails, walk-ins as well as Pop Cards and applications.
- Manage weekly Outreach Program.
- Approve applications that meet established Horning Brothers selection criteria, move new residents into Yardi.
- Coordinate corporate marketing campaign with the Property Manager, and any outside consultant.
- Manage lease renewal process.
- Manage NTV and move outs in Yardi, assisting with completion of move out transmittal for non-charged accounts within 15 days of move out.
- Monitor all advertising sources (paper and web) for all up-to-date and accurate information. (Including Rent Café, Craig’s List, websites, etc).
- Provide training of staff as necessary or required.
- Respond to resident concerns.
- Coordinate service request follow-up to ensure excellent customer service.
- Prepare reports as requested.
- Oversee expenses and invoicing for media, marketing and office supplies.
- Manage site petty cash reimbursements.
- Monitor water sub-metering move ins and move outs.
- Audit lease files for accuracy and complete records.
- Process Rent Control disclosure process (NTV, rent quote & move-in).
- Coordinate resident retention efforts (activities, newsletter, etc).
- Monitor Referral Program
- Attend community Marketing Meetings as directed.
- Attend and participate in all Company Training as directed.
- Build and inspire teams
- Educate and mentor your teams
- Demonstrate enthusiasm and the ability to motivate others
- Excellent marketing skills
- Excellent organizational ability
- Detailed planner
- Strong, positive, motivational leadership style
- Must have strong ability to manage multiple priorities while maintaining consistent performance
- Extremely strong communications skills, written and verbal
- Extremely strong conflict resolution skills
- High sense of urgency in meeting requirements and deadlines
- Calm under pressure
- Excellent listener
- Proficiency in accurate and detailed Market Analysis
- Ability to value a real estate asset
- Thorough and detailed understanding of property management market.
- Yardi Voyager
- Full Microsoft Office proficiency – Word, Excel and PPT
- BA/BS degree preferred
- 5 years marketing experience on multi-site property management experience specifically high-end residential/mixed-use communities
- Track record of success managing a lease up while managing other assets
Apply today. We’d love to meet you.
Horning Brothers is an Equal Opportunity Employer that promotes diversity and inclusion.
Horning Management Company, LLCHorning Brothers/Horning Management Company is a well-respected real estate company in the DC area since 1958. At Horning Brothers, we believe that our reputation is built every day by the people we serve, whether they be commercial or residential customers. This commitment to our neighbors is one of the cornerstones of our success.