Boat Captain - Spirit of Boston
Hornblower Cruises and Events Boston, MA
- Posted: 28 days ago
- Benefits: 401k, dental, life insurance, medical, vision
The successful Captains greet all guests and ensure each guest is attended to in an appropriate manner ensuring consistently high levels of safety, quality, service, and guest satisfaction, while maintaining a high level of profitability.
This person will be adaptable, dynamic, and embody Hornblower’s RESPECT SERVICE SYSTEM
Essential Duties & Responsibilities:
- Safe, and proper boat handling of ‘twin-screw’ vessels ranging from 120’ up to 192’ feet, while adhering to all Coast Guard rules and regulations
- Ongoing crew management, training, and drilling
- Strong focus on safety, and the ability to communicate best practices to passengers and crew by conducting ongoing safety drills as required
- Strong focus on customer service
- Vessel maintenance including, but not limited to aesthetics, plumbing, electrical, water (potable, raw, black, and gray) fire suppression, communications, and navigation systems
- Additional job duties as assigned
Requirements & Qualifications:
- Current valid 100-ton Inland license
- 5 years marine experience preferred, with two years as captain with an outstanding record
- Transportation Worker Identification Credential “TWIC”
- FCC Radio Operators Permit
- Current First-aid/CPR
*This is not a live aboard position.
THE RESPECT SYSTEM embodies Hornblower Group’s mission, vision, values and operating principles. By creating a company culture that puts RESPECT at its core, we believe it will drive us to achieve our goal of becoming a Global Experiences and Transportation Leader.
Hornblower is proud to be an Equal Employment Opportunity and Affirmative Action employer. We prohibit discrimination and or/harassment of any type, including but not limited to discrimination and or harassment based upon race, religion, religious creed, color, national origin, ancestry, citizenship, sex, sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, gender expression, age, pregnancy or relation medical conditions, childbirth, breastfeeding, parental status, veteran and/or military statue, disability (physical or mental) medical condition, genetic information or characteristics, political affiliation, domestic violence survivor status, marital status, or other characteristics prohibited by federal, state, or local law. Additional, Hornblower participates in the E-Verify program in certain locations.
Pursuant to applicable State and local laws, including but not limited to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance, we will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.
Hornblower Cruises and EventsWhy Work Here?
Great environment, room to grow!
Interested in a career where you can make lasting memories? Hornblower Cruises is the nation’s largest dining cruise company with day and evening cruises, excursions and private charters in many cities across North America. At Hornblower Cruises, we offer a unique space with views other venues can’t offer. If you are inspired by a commitment to excellence and dedicated to creating unforgettable memories you may be just the person we are looking for to work for as a Shipmate with Hornblower Cruises.
200 Seaport BlvdBoston, MA
Sports and RecreationView all jobs at Hornblower Cruises and Events