Horn Memorial Hospital Ida Grove, IA
- Posted: over a month ago
Hiring a Finance Accountant. Position is Monday-Friday, 40 hours/week.
- Responsible for various accounting-related functions such as month-end closing procedures, fixed asset records and depreciation, grant accounting, and budgeting
- Assists with annual audit and cost report schedules, insurance package renewal, IHA survey and other reporting requirements.
- Monitor finance programs and advise CFO on initiatives for effectiveness, efficiency and alignment to overall Horn Memorial Hospital objectives.
- Maintain the integrity of the general ledger data for accurate, timely financial reporting.
- Education: BA/BS degree in Business, Finance or Accounting is required. CPA and/or MBA preferred.
- Experience: Prefer four or five years of experience in accounting in a health care setting, hospital experience preferred. Must have advanced computer experience.
- Job knowledge: Must have knowledge of hospital accounting theories and practices, third party reimbursement and cost reports.
Applicant must pass a background check, health assessment and drug screen before hiring. Applicants are not discriminated in hiring based on race, color, national origin, age, disability, or sex. Interpreter is provided at no cost. Position open until filled. EOE.
Benefits available for this position include:
- Health, Vision, and Dental Insurance
- Supplemental insurances (accident, cancer, hospital, etc.)
- Company Match 403b up to 5%
- Tax Deferred Annuity Programs
- Paid Time Off accruing from hire date
- Pre-Tax Flexible Spending Plans for healthcare and dependent care
- Employer paid short and long term disability
- Employer paid life insurance with supplemental available
- Hospital discounts for care received on self, spouse, and dependents
- Shift Differential
- Unscheduled Weekend Bonus
- Meeting pay and educational pay and benefits
- Employer paid Employee Assistance Program
- Discounts on Verizon cell phone plan, local community tickets, etc.
- Fitness center discounts
Horn Memorial Hospital is an Equal Opportunity Employer
In order to provide equal employment and advancement opportunities to all individuals, employment decisions at Horn Memorial Hospital will be based on merit, qualifications, and abilities. If you are a qualified individual with a disability or a disabled veteran, you may request a reasonable accommodation if you are unable or limited in your ability to access job openings or apply for a job on this site as a result of your disability. You can request reasonable accommodations by contacting Human Resources at 712.364.7254 or email@example.com. Interpreter is provided at no cost. Horn Memorial Hospital does not discriminate in employment opportunities or practices on the basis of race, color, religion, gender, national origin, age, disability, genetic information, sexual orientation or any other classification in accordance with federal, state and local statutes, regulations and ordinances.
Horn Memorial Hospital
AddressIda Grove, IA
Finance and InsuranceView all jobs at Horn Memorial Hospital